+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question about condoms/the pill/pregnancy

Question about condoms/the pill/pregnancy

I've been in a relationship with a girl for 3 years. She has been on the pill for the last 2. We usually use condoms when we have sex just for extra protection. I never come inside of her regardless of whether or not im wearing a condom. My question is this - Since I'm not comming inside her is any added protection from pregnancy (not std's) being gained? Since she is on the pill would it be safe to have sex without using a condom and just pull out before I finish?

King Zarathu Guest
    Well, this is what would have to happen:

Your precum contains enough sperm (2 or 3 of them should be sufficient) that they beat the shit out of each other, fertilize the egg, the pill doesn't take effect.

If you pull it out before you finish, the odds are so ****ing small that I highly doubt anything would happen. There would have to be a hole in the condom that your precum seeps through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu
    Well, this is what would have to happen:

Your precum contains enough sperm (2 or 3 of them should be sufficient) that they beat the shit out of each other, fertilize the egg, the pill doesn't take effect.

If you pull it out before you finish, the odds are so ****ing small that I highly doubt anything would happen. There would have to be a hole in the condom that your precum seeps through it.
    I'm talking about not using a condom at all.

I don't know what the technical chance is but I would IMAGINE there'd be at least some added safety there, though it's nothing to rely on.

Quite honestly I always found it more fun to just pull out and let it rip.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mrza503
    I'm talking about not using a condom at all.

Ok, so your not worried about STD's but only about pregnancy. I suggest using both. If she skips a day on the pill, forgets to take it, or is on antibiotics, the pill is not nearly as effective. Thats where the condom is handy....even if you pull out first. Precum does contain sperm, so chances of pregnancy happening are still there. Better safe then sorry.
    Last edited by Ellynn; 10-07-06 at 01:55 PM.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

King Zarathu Guest
    gg restating

Quote Originally Posted by Ellynn
    I suggest using both. If she skips a day on the pill, forgets to take it, or is on antibiotics, the pill is not nearly as effective. Thats where the condom is handy....even if you pull out first. Precum does contain sperm, so chances of pregnancy happening are still there. Better safe then sorry.
    Not only that, but if your gf doesn't take the birth control at the same time every day, it's less effective. I'd just stick with the condoms, and pulling out before you come is a really good idea. That's what my bf does!
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.