+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question regarding pregnancy

Question regarding pregnancy

So my girlfriend stopped taking the pill about 4 months ago and has since to get her period since then she isn't pregnant she has a problem where she has to take a pill to kick-start for her to start ovulating. We had sex two times with out a condom.

She told me not to worry because right now her eggs are considered not active and she has to take that pill to get a regular period which then she can get on birth control.

I am scared I may have gotten her pregnant.

But she seems to know what she is talking about, I want to make sure with the women of the board that this makes sense.

She has told me with out the pill to kick start a regular period and with out birth control she has gone as long as 8 months with out a period. She also told me her doctor said that she needs to take birth control or the pill that kick starts your ovulation so her eggs dont die permanently

but I am wondering if there is a chance i still got her pregnant.

she's going to the doctor tomorrow to get everything checked out and get started on everything again.

...wow. How old are you?

After getting on birthcontrol, then going off it there isn't anything you need to take to start getting your period. You just do.

To me it seems like your girlfriend is bullshitting you. Make her take a pregnancy test. Something isn't adding up.

Im 21, ive been with her for 2 years, even when she wasnt on birth control about a year ago I remember she never got her period either, i honestly dont think she is lying to me. I really do think she does have a issue with her period and needs to take medicine to kick start her system into having a regular period.

which is why im asking is it possible to get pregnant if you need to do this?

Um...nothing you said in your first post makes a bit of sense. Not. A. Word.

The pill to kick start her period so she can take BC? Bullshit.

Has to do this or her "eggs will die"? Horseshit. Eggs don't die.

Your GF is lieing, or she is a complete moron.

Either way, time to start using condoms.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Did you both drop out of highschool or something?

Eggs dying?

What the f*ck?

LOL

Umm.... either your gf is clinically insane OR she is trying to trick you into getting her pregnant!

If you stop taking the pill then your hormones re-adjust pretty quickly which means periods come back with a couple of weeks or so. Sounds like she is bullshitting you!

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    pitter patter, pitter patter, pitter patter, pitter, patter
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    me precious eggs are dying! lol.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the best part is, is that he's had sex with her twice, unprotected, and he's just starting to wonder this shit now.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's the eggs I feel sorry for in all of this.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, it IS possible for a female to need to take hormones to initiate her period. And birth control pills are used (in addition to preventing pregnancy) for normalizing your cycle. My non-sexually active daughter had this problem, and I had to decide if I wanted her to take progesterone to initiate periods or go on birth control pills.

However, I would never suggest a male trust that this means he can have unprotected sex without fear of pregnancy. No one can predict whether or not the eggs will spontaneously release themselves.
    Last edited by vashti; 13-01-10 at 10:38 PM.

vash is right. And on top of that, the pill itself is not 100% effective. Women can still release an egg while on birth control. This occurs especially when women don't take their pills correctly (correct time, every day, no skipping).

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yep, thats true, i got pregnant when i was on the pill(and taken all the pills correctly)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

well she didnt tell me all these things word for word, i summed up all her words in guys way of saying it. unfortunately i don't know the female anatomy all too well.

I just understand that she has to take a certain medication to adjust her hormones to she can regulary get her period if she doesn't she can become infertile permanently.

She said she can't just jump on birthcontrol, with out taking that pill to start her ovulating.

Which was to my orginal question could have i gotten her pregnant? She says no because she isn't ovulating and she needs to take the medication if she ever wants to get pregnant.
    Last edited by 400ex; 14-01-10 at 03:13 AM.

If shes not worried then I wouldn't be worried about it. get a pregnancy test to calm your fears though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast