+ Follow This Topic

Thread: pregnancy question...could i still be?

pregnancy question...could i still be?

I had sex with my boyfriend a week ago. we were using a condom, but the condom broke. he didn't have an orgasm inside me yet so the only thing that would have come out inside me would be pre-cum. i got my period but i heard that sperm live up to 7 days inside of a woman's body before they die off. if we had sex a week before my period, are there any chances that the sperm could still reach an egg? like what are the chances? i don't want to think i'm fine and then miss my next month's period because i'm pregnant, i would want to know right away. if anyone knows/thinks anything about my situation, it would help me out alot. thanks

let me get this straight?

-you had sex a week before your periode, and the condom broke.
    -you got your period after the incident with the broken condom

You won't be pregnant. But if you are worried, go to a health clinic! call one of those 1-800 numbers for women in distress!

This isnt the time to be bashful that you're having sex. (I have no idea how old you are but I got the immpression you're in your teens) If you're old enough to have sex then you're old enough for the resposibilities that come with it. Education about these things are key.

yes i was had sex with my boyfriend a week before my period and the condom broke. i did get my period. i know that sperm live inside you for up to 7 days so what i was worried about is can the sperm still live during your period and be able to fertilize the egg after your period is gone. that's basically my question.
    i am 22 and i'm not bashful about sex at all, i just wanted to know if everything was ok since i got my period.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i doubt that you're pregnant, but if you miss your next period, you better get checked up. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Sperm are only viable for 6 hours outside the male anatomy.
    However, it is possible to have a flow when you're in very early pregnancy (my wife did when she was pregnant with our first).

You could wait till next month, or go take a test. If it says you're not, you still could be, if it says you are, you are.
    MichaelBlue