+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Birthday presents

Birthday presents

It's my boyfriend's birthday two weeks from today, he's turning 22. But I have no idea what to buy him and when I asked him, he simply said "Surprise me!". So guys, what kind of birthday present do you like? I never have trouble finding gifts for girls, but I can't think of anything to buy for a boy..

does he particually take an interest into something? such as a band??... a computer game??

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How much do you want to spend, and how long have you been seeing him?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Tools always win with me.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Yes that the first question how much do you want to spend? how long have

you been dating him. What are his interests. Maybe he like music take him to

a concert or get a cd.

I met him about a month ago, so we haven't been going out that long.
    He's mainly interested in Japan (you know: anime, manga, music, language, the whole lot). But the thing is, he already has a lot of Japan-related stuff, so it'd be hard to find him something he hasn't got yet.

I don't want to spend too much money, I'm a bit broke at the moment.. How about 20 euros? (that's about 25 dollars, I think)

@TAVS: What kind of tools? You mean like hammers?

I was thinking about buying him a pocket knife. Is that a nice gift? I like that it's something he can always carry with him. Or maybe I can find something for his room.. He might be moving soon, so I'd like to give him something that he will use or see a lot, to remind him of me. (sorry, girls in love can be pretty mushy!)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think good pocket knives are very expensive. Why don't you try for something more sentimental? I don't think guys place the same level of importance on gift-receiving as lots of girls do, by the way, so he'd be sure to appreciate whatever you give him...
    Last edited by vashti; 29-07-06 at 02:03 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    I don't think guys place the same level of importance on gift-receiving as lots of girls do, by the way, so he'd be sure to appreciate whatever you give him...
    Aint that the truth.

Sure; a nice quality hammer would be kickass! But that's just me
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I think I have a lot to learn about guys, I would never have thought of giving someone a hammer as a birthday present.

Okay, I won't worry about it too much then. I'll go shopping this afternoon to see if there's something he might like.

Thanks for all your advice!

are you kidding me? since when did girls get stuck on ideas for present! if girls run out of ideas, where the hell are all the guys gonna go!!

ok seriously though, for 25 bucks a stripper is def out of the question. so buy him a nice shirt or t-shirt or something. or a dvd / game / controller.