+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What exactly is taking a break?

What exactly is taking a break?

Hey everyone. Time for another little problem/question of mine. My girlfriend and I have been a bit emotional recently, not knowing where to go with our relationship. We've been together for 2 months as of last week and I brought up the idea of taking a break because she wasn't sure if she wanted to do this anymore. I thought it would be good, but I'm just coming to realize, I don't know exactly what a break is. It hasn't even been a day and we're still talking on the fone and such and even through neopets because she cant use AIM. I still feel like we're together and now shes really upset and really depressed. If I still want her and know that I'll ask for her back AND I still feel like we're together, should I just go ahead and ask for her back?
    Last edited by jb5k1; 30-11-04 at 10:47 AM.

King Zarathu Guest
    You do what your heart tells you to do. You can tell her you don't want a break anymore and you want her back now.

By the way, a break should mean that you don't call her, talk to her, barely any contact with each other until it's over. But those are just normal standards.. you can set it up yourself--somewhat like rules of engagement in a war.

if she wants to take a break, its pretty much a lack of interest on her part. she must have lost interest in you. but if SHE keeps calling and talking to you and saying i miss you blah blah blah then in your heart if you feel it is right then go back together. but buddy, 2 months isnt that big of a deal. if i were you i would just get out and see other women, theres no reason to feel heartbroken over a woman who couldnt give two sh1ts about you.

awan

Ah well today I talked to her. I really wanted to know why she thought that it wouldn't work (which led to me saying we needed a break.) Yea I was the one who said we need a break.

Well one thing you must understand is that she is VERY emotional. She doesn't know why she thought it wasn't going to work but she said it's basically jealousy. I have alot of girls who are friends, and a few are quite attractive, and a few have called first dibs when we break up. A few of the girls showed up at my house and that kinda sparked it.

I wanna go back with her, but I have a feeling this might happen again.

One more thing I have to say is that I am also a very jealous person myself. I get jealous at the stupidest things and withgood reason because my girl (or whatever I should call her right now) is very pretty and quite a few people think so. I was reading something and it basically said that if someone wants on your lady (or guy in her case) that you should just ignore it and take it as a compliment. I've tried explaining this to her but I can't get it through to her.
    How can you help someone to understand opinions and stuff?

A "break" can mean two things...

1) A secret code word that girls use for "pause". Basically they like to "pause" you, while they go out and see if they can find someone better. It's a way of keeping you on a string. Since THEY initiated it, chances are you're going to be hung up about it and so they really won't have to worry too much about you finding another girl (because you're on "pause" so you probably won't be dating anyway), but they'll make sure to state in the "stipulations" of the break that you both are free to date whomever you want. That way you can't make them feel guilty that they're doing it and not you.

2) A code word for "breakup", but instead of flat out breaking up, they're doing it in stages.

King Zarathu Guest
    If you show that nothing can bother you or make you jealous, she'll want you to death lol. Just show that it's all good, even though you want to choke the living shit out of the sick poor bastard checking your girl out (even though he desperately deserves it) and just BE COOL.

I promise, it'll serve good purpose later on

Quote Originally Posted by LTsK8eR2gO
    If you show that nothing can bother you or make you jealous, she'll want you to death lol. Just show that it's all good, even though you want to choke the living shit out of the sick poor bastard checking your girl out (even though he desperately deserves it) and just BE COOL.

I promise, it'll serve good purpose later on
    Or else she'll just be happy that you're taking it so well and you'll still end up broken up.

I TOLD HER THAT WE NEED A BREAK. im trying to control this shit a bit better. I was the one who said it, not her. I'm the one looking at other girls, but I just can't let this one go. I really like her.

Quote Originally Posted by jb5k1
    I TOLD HER THAT WE NEED A BREAK. im trying to control this shit a bit better. I was the one who said it, not her. I'm the one looking at other girls, but I just can't let this one go. I really like her.
    Then why are you asking what "taking a break" is? You called the break. You name your terms.