+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wrong to have feelings for a girl thats younger then you?

Wrong to have feelings for a girl thats younger then you?

Ok so here is the situation.

Im a Senior in highschool and there is this girl that I find that has a very unique personality that I have never seen in a person before, we have a lot in common also, The problem is she is 13 going on 14 and I just turned 18 a few days ago.

Is it wrong to like with someone this younger then you?

Is it illegal also because im not even sure...

The legalities depend on which state you live in, but I'm pretty sure that most of the age-of-consent laws apply to someone who's within three years of your own age, which she is not.

Quit playing with fire. You're 18, and it's a big world. Date someone closer to your own age.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The age difference is too great right now. In 8-10 years, the age gap won't mean a thing, but think of it this way: MY 13 year old girl still occassionally plays with dolls (granted, she is decapitating them or cutting off all their hair). Her friends do, too. This I know because they do it at my house. My girl hasn't even started menstruating regularly yet. I wouldn't let her be home alone for more than a couple of hours, and she is still afraid of the dark. In other words, she is still - in a lot of ways - a little girl, even though she would scratch my eyes out if she knew I said so, and of course, she pretends she is grown up the second she steps out the front door.

18 year old boys are not too far from their sexual peak. They are legal adults. It is inappropriate - not to mention illegal - for adults to be romantically involved with children. If an 18 year old boy were trying to get with my daughter, I'd have him arrested.

Stay away from this girl until she grows up. You have much to risk.
    Last edited by vashti; 09-12-06 at 01:12 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ok thanks you for the advice.

I will forget about her.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dbzzx View Post
    Ok thanks you for the advice.

I will forget about her.
    Wow.

Class act here.

Can you explain to me why thats a "Class act" I would love to be with her but because of people's moral standards it would not be "right" in this society.

If I did I might be sentenced to jail like the other person said she/he would do if it was there daughter.

Im not going to risk my future over something like this, if that sounds scumish to you im sorry.

I did not say that it would not be hard to forget about her...

Im going to have to because of the laws where I live...

Well thanks anyway...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think he meant you are a class act because despite your desire for this child, you are willing to remove her from you list of options. That IS a class act. Selfish people don't give a damn about what is good for anyone else nor the consequences for their actions.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think you are too old for her. Go for someone more your age even a few years older would be ok. But a 13 or 14 year old kid is just too young.

I think I get what your saying but I am kinda tired and its 2:30 in the morning...

So your saying that Im being unselfish right

He wasn't insulting you. Go to bed.

I understand im not a wierdo or anything, I have had girlfrends that were always in my age group except for one that was 18 when I was 16 which some people found sorta strange. This is the first girl that I ever liked that was this much younger then me, I 100% understand though why I cant go out with her.

Thanks for all the help.