+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Singing Director

anachronistic Guest

Singing Director

I am singing a solo on Wednesday. Last week, I noticed that she (singing director, also accompanying me on my solo with piano) was either trying to hold in tears, or she was holding in laughter. It hurts my feelings when people hide stuff from me.

I think she is holding in laughter. I must suck that bad.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is she an adult? Why don't you try pulling her aside and telling her how your confidence is being affected? She might not be laughing at you, but perhaps at your song, or maybe something else all together.

I don't know what your voice sounds like, but I think audiences tend to be very kind regardless. If you really want to do this, then do it. I am guessing you have had to sit through plenty of other kid's solos, and now it is your turn.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Is she an adult? Why don't you try pulling her aside and telling her how your confidence is being affected? She might not be laughing at you, but perhaps at your song, or maybe something else all together.

I don't know what your voice sounds like, but I think audiences tend to be very kind regardless. If you really want to do this, then do it. I am guessing you have had to sit through plenty of other kid's solos, and now it is your turn.
    It is a complete volunteer thing. She told me I should do a solo so I signed up. I performed it infront of my class twice already.

Kids in my class said it sounds good. My own brother (who is usually negative when it comes to criticism) rated me a 1 on the music scale, which is really good (the best is 1+, which is one away from what he gave me)

She is like 57 years old.

i'm sure it's not as bad as you think.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's your job to think you're bad, that's supposed to drive you towards perfection.

Or suicide.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    Kay.

I got a one on both my solo and duet. That means I did superior!

There are 2 more rankings that are higher than one, on a music scale; 1+ and 1++. A girl who has been singing her whole life got a 1+, but she was the only one this year.

Last year a girl and her brother sang a duet, and they got a 1++, because they were really really really good. I mean awesome. They perform at concerts and stuff all the time. I am glad to be a friend of theirs.

So I did extraordinary for my first and last year in choir class. Infact, a bunch of girls went to the duet, and they want my friend and I to perform it at the last concert, in spring. God...

Oh well, I got the confidence I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    PLZ HALP MEH BAI BOUSTING MAI EGO N TELLIN ME MAI VOISE IS BEOUTIFULL N STUFZ
    No .

anachronistic Guest
    I can pretend that anyone I want said a random shallow statement, and then answer it, even though it isn't a question, with a simple yes or no. Mostly no.
    lawlz!!!!!!11111 kan i sux ur c0ck?

-snagglet00th

Hell yeah she wanted to suck my cock. Was I going to give her anything in return? Never.

That ****ing pedophile.

anachronistic Guest
    Hell yeah she wanted to suck my cock. Was I going to give her anything in return? Never.
    I wouldn't let that creature near my zipper.

Who's Snaggletooth?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    Who's Snaggletooth?
    Some bitch that is archived on zarathu's website, that posted racist comments, and such.

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Some bitch that is archived on zarathu's website, that posted racist comments, and such.
    Oh, sounds like fun. Gotta' link please?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]