+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed Messages

Mixed Messages

Anyone been on a date and you seem to think it is going well??? Does anyone have any ideas on how to read into your date...

Over the past month or so, I have been out on a few dates, I always think their going well, and then we get to the end of the night ... Now, I have been told that this could be the deciding factor on how well the date actually went. If you receive a kiss, hug, or just a good bye what does all this mean? If you get a hug on the first date, a small kiss on the second and a bye on the third, should there be a fourth?

Then lets take into consideration the events that happened on the date ... Most recently, I was on a date where this girl couldn't stop checking her phone, actually she was sending text messages and receiving them ... My opnion is that she was getting more enjoyment out of her phone then out of me ...

Any thoughts ...
    They may forget what you said, but, they will never forget how you made them feel ...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCasta
    Anyone been on a date and you seem to think it is going well??? Does anyone have any ideas on how to read into your date...

Over the past month or so, I have been out on a few dates, I always think their going well, and then we get to the end of the night ... Now, I have been told that this could be the deciding factor on how well the date actually went. If you receive a kiss, hug, or just a good bye what does all this mean? If you get a hug on the first date, a small kiss on the second and a bye on the third, should there be a fourth?

Then lets take into consideration the events that happened on the date ... Most recently, I was on a date where this girl couldn't stop checking her phone, actually she was sending text messages and receiving them ... My opnion is that she was getting more enjoyment out of her phone then out of me ...

Any thoughts ...
    You might be onto something there. I check my phone all the time when i'm out with someone. Does it mean that i'm not enjoying their company? That's exactly what it means. I could check my texts any time I wanted to, and slow things down with texting if i'm really enjoying the other person's company. But if i'm too busy texting, and lock out the other person, then i'm also giving him a hint (i'm bored here!)

As for physical contact and what it means. If someone gives you a hug or a good bye, it could mean that they are either very shy, or just not that into you. If someone gives you a kiss, depending on where it is, and how it is, you could easily tell where the relationship is going. If it's on the cheek, it's the kiss of death. If it's on the lips, but just a peck, it means you also going to be just friends. If it's a more subtle or passionate kiss, then it means whoever it may be likes you. If it's anywhere else, I don't know what else to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyFoxy
    You might be onto something there. I check my phone all the time when i'm out with someone. Does it mean that i'm not enjoying their company? That's exactly what it means. I could check my texts any time I wanted to, and slow things down with texting if i'm really enjoying the other person's company. But if i'm too busy texting, and lock out the other person, then i'm also giving him a hint (i'm bored here!)

As for physical contact and what it means. If someone gives you a hug or a good bye, it could mean that they are either very shy, or just not that into you. If someone gives you a kiss, depending on where it is, and how it is, you could easily tell where the relationship is going. If it's on the cheek, it's the kiss of death. If it's on the lips, but just a peck, it means you also going to be just friends. If it's a more subtle or passionate kiss, then it means whoever it may be likes you. If it's anywhere else, I don't know what else to tell you.
    Sorry, but no. On my first date with my husband, he kissed me on the cheek (I think he was aiming for the lips, but missed because he was so shy and nervous.) Second date was a peck on the lips.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Sorry, but no. On my first date with my husband, he kissed me on the cheek (I think he was aiming for the lips, but missed because he was so shy and nervous.) Second date was a peck on the lips.
    Are you divorced with him yet or not? Then again, there are exceptions to every rule. This isn't written in stone, it has only been my expiriance.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCasta

Any thoughts ...
    Don't place too much emphasis on the kiss/hug thing. yes, it COULD be a signal, but not always. I'd consider how easy the flow of conversation was, how much fun you've had, whether the girl is smiling and laughing with you, stuff like that. Oh, and if someone was checking their phone constantly or text messaging without a VERY good explanation (on par, for example, with "my sister is in the hospital giving birth") I would take them home immediately, if I were you. That is just plain rude and obnoxious.

Are you divorced with him yet or not? Then again, there are exceptions to every rule. This isn't written in stone, it has only been my expiriance.
    No. First marriage, not divorced, and no plans to be.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    No. First marriage, not divorced, and no plans to be.
    I frown on divorce myself. My parents were divorced when I was small, and I had to move to Manchester with my father.

I frown on divorce myself. My parents were divorced when I was small, and I had to move to Manchester with my father.
    First .. Great comments from all ... I appreciate your experience ... What would you try to do to prevent this in the future?

I feel you on that one ... I had a similar situtation ... So let me ask you something ... After seeing your parents go through that, do you feel like you never want to be married? ..
    They may forget what you said, but, they will never forget how you made them feel ...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My parents are divorced. It doesn't make me not want to be married, it just makes me want to work harder to find the right person, so that I don't end up divorced.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If someone is constantly checking their phone....I would take that as a bad sign. Unless they told me they were expecting an important call from someone...other then another female that they are into.

I had first dates end with a kiss. I usually saw them again after that. I also had first dates end with a hug.....and the next date I kissed the guy. But if there really is no physical contact at all.....I think you can pretty much guess that its not gonna go anywhere....

My parents divorced when I was 14......and even though they were divorced they remained friends. I guess after 20 yrs of marriage and two kids it was hard not to. But yeah like Bluesummer said....It makes me want to look for the RIGHT guy....and really be sure before I jump into marriage.

About the physical contact aspect.

What if there was no kissing, but the girl gives you a really tight hug, more like holding you tightly? That happened to me last night with a girl I really like, is that good sign?

If she didn't like you at all, trust me: she wouldn't touch you at all.

The phone thing is a sign. I went on a date with the biggest jerk in the world{had a count of 50 girls he'd slept with by the time he left *high school*}, and even he wouldn't answer a call or message during our date.

On the other hand, while I'm out with my boyfriend I always check for new texts, mainly because I know that we don't have to focus on each other 100% of the time to have fun, or just enjoy each other's presence.

That personally, would piss me off. Phones are better when seperated from their batteries. I don't like indirect forms of communication much. Plus it's just rude.

Well... I wouldn't say it would actually "piss me off." It probably wouldn't affect me enough to say anything, but in my mind, that person would lose 100 points.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    My parents are divorced. It doesn't make me not want to be married, it just makes me want to work harder to find the right person, so that I don't end up divorced.
    Word to that.