+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Update

Tone Guest

Quick Update

College Algebra... there is 2 weeks left.

I've had 2 tests so far... results: Test 1 - 89%; Test 2 - 92%.

Can you believe it!?! So excited...

Right after I finish College Algebra I'm flying to San Diego for a few days to go whale watching. Also excited for that. (no, not w/ a new flame, sadly)

I had a bit of an incident.

You guys almost lost me! On Tuesday 2/26 I was downtown leaving work after dark and walking back to the parking garage. I was crossing the street in the crosswalk westbound when I heard a honk followed by the sound of acceleration... turned around just in time to see a big blue 4x4 (also heading westbound) turned the wrong way onto a one-way street and just layed me out. I barely had time to brace myself for the hit since he came from behind me.

While I was on the ground the truck started revving his engine and inching forward... I got up as fast as possible and out the way not knowing what the heck this guy was tryin to do... after I got up I yelled "What the **** are you doing" (couldn't see anyone due to the tinted windows all around - I couldn't even make out the outline of a person inside the truck) and he drove off down the wrong way on a one-way street. There was about 6 or so witnesses and no one got the license plate. I tried to but was overcome w/ pain in my right arm.

Called the police then one of the witnesses drove me to the E.R. No fractures. Arm contusion in my right arm w/ bruised tendons and a big ass bruise on my right hip. I couldn't use my right arm for about 24hrs but otherwise I'm back to 100% 2+ weeks later.

Feel pretty lucky considering he hit me at at least 20mph. Everything happened so fast but I couldn't help but wonder if someone mistook me for someone they was tryin to take out! From turning the wrong way on a one-way street to the acceleration as he turned into me to the whole revvin of the engine while I'm on the ground. Was just really bizzare. The scary thing is thinkin about what could have happened... had I not turned around and he blindsided me... or had I got caught underneath and got all mangled... had I not got up once he hit me and he kept goin... I feel part of it was luck and part of it is how well I take care of myself. I think my injuries would have been worse and my recovery wouldn't have been so quick if I didn't take good care of my body. Take care of your body and it takes care of you.

Oh I also made a really cool new friend at work and have been hangin out w/ him a lot.

That's the rundown on me - can you guys give me an update on yourselves?
    Last edited by Tone; 10-03-08 at 07:28 AM.

holy cow that is crazy!!!

i'm glad you're okay!

same ol' same ol' w/ me.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OMG Tone, I'm glad you're okay. Too bad noone got a photo of the truck.

Have fun in SD & good work on those exams. Take care.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ohmigod! I am traumatized! How would we know something happened to you if you never came back?

Too depressing.

I'm glad about the algebra, though! How are you liking school overall?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    While I was on the ground the truck started revving his engine and inching forward... I got up as fast as possible and out the way not knowing what the heck this guy was tryin to do... after I got up I yelled "What the **** are you doing" (couldn't see anyone due to the tinted windows all around - I couldn't even make out the outline of a person inside the truck) and he drove off down the wrong way on a one-way street. There was about 6 or so witnesses and no one got the license plate. I tried to but was overcome w/ pain in my right arm.
    Wow, 6 witnesses and noone got the number plate? I hope that doesn't mean the guy is going to get away with it!

That's really bad Tone, glad to see you're okay though
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Mish, a friend of mine nearly died from a hit & run. They never caught the driver, despite it being rush hour(!) Its hard; ppl freeze when they see that kind of thing & don't think until its too late to gather info. Its possible that truck didn't even have plates.

You're a lucky fellow Tone. Glad you're okay.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

anachronistic Guest
    Holy shit! I hope this asshole drives his truck off a cliff and kills himself!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Holy crap Tone!! That's crazy. So glad to hear that your injuries were pretty minor. It pisses me off though that that jackass is probably going to get away with it. Grr!!

I didn't know you were in school. Awesome!! And good for you. What is your end goal?

I am back in school too, to finish my business degree. I just got rear ended two nights ago, and my car is a write off. Luckily the cops came and took a report, so I should be able to get some nice $$ out of it. And I hope the stupid b*tch that hit me gets nailed on her car insurance rates.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Noooooooo! Nobody runs over our Tone! I'm so glad you're so tough- you could be broken into pieces right now!

I'm going whale watching in San Diego in a couple of weeks. I'll tell the whales to say hi when you get there.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I just got rear ended two nights ago, and my car is a write off. Luckily the cops came and took a report, so I should be able to get some nice $$ out of it. And I hope the stupid b*tch that hit me gets nailed on her car insurance rates.
    Go see a physio right away, BlueSum. Even if you think you're fine. Trust me, from experience. Anything hard enough to total your car has screwed w/your neck & back even if it doesn't feel like it.

Plus, you want to have a record w/ICBC of the visits in case you have any problems later.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Holy crap Tone!! That's crazy. So glad to hear that your injuries were pretty minor. It pisses me off though that that jackass is probably going to get away with it. Grr!!

I didn't know you were in school. Awesome!! And good for you. What is your end goal?

I am back in school too, to finish my business degree. I just got rear ended two nights ago, and my car is a write off. Luckily the cops came and took a report, so I should be able to get some nice $$ out of it. And I hope the stupid b*tch that hit me gets nailed on her car insurance rates.
    Oh. Hello there Nina...

Glad to here you're finishing your degree.

I'm enrolling into the University's Fisheries & Wildlife program! My end goal is to work outdoors!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch
    I'm going whale watching in San Diego in a couple of weeks. I'll tell the whales to say hi when you get there.
    No way! What day are you going??? And where? I'm going next week!

Hi to everyone else - I'm short on time - but update me on what's goin on!! All I know is that Giga is gettin married and my dear sombra is in pain.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Taking a year off work to travel. Going to visit Mish in the fall. I'll be away from LF for at least 1/2 a year.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, damn. That sucks, indi.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

aaaaajaajaajaaa.

gawd i love vashhhh.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yo, Tone! Just heard the news ... I ain't seen you on AIM very much lately ... actually, I ain't been on it much neither.

I can't believe NO ONE got the license plate on that asshole. I thought your town would be a fairly small community ... goes to show how much I know about Nebraska! Hahaha

The way you described it, it did seem like he was gunning for you, but then again, maybe it was just a really old man. Haha ...

You're super lucky to come out of that with minimal injury ...You goin' to San Diego? You making any trips up north?
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast