+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fooled Twice

Fooled Twice

This is very long-i'm sorry!

I was with my ex for over 3 months we were falling in love with each other-when we met he said he didn't do relationships as he couldn't deal with them, but in the end he fell so much for me that he made me his girlfriend. Suddenly he ducked out of our relationship-we had a minor argument over his insecurities but we made up so i thought but then he suddenly cut off all contact with me-that's how we broke up-at the end of January. I text him a week after the break up-after i gave up trying to call him-he ignored all my calls and all private number calls and in fact all numbers he didn't recognise! He responded to the text saying he was sorry about how things ended (i sent a text saying no hard feelings-because i'd finally stopped crying).

Anyways a couple of weeks after that i called him but he couldn't speak he was doing something and said he'd call me back-he didn't and when i tried to call him back that night his number had been disconnected-later found out that he left his phone in the taxi he was in when i called.

Anyways i called him a couple of weeks ago-he got his number back but didn't have mine-and it rang and he picked up with had a loooong 4 hour chat about our relationship and what we'd been up to the past 2 months-he was happy to hear from me and hear that i didn't hate him-he's slept with someone (we didn't have sex whilst together-i was a virgin-he was dodgy about taking my virginity), i've gotten with 2 diff guys-his main reason for breaking up with me, was not being able to deal with being in a relationship even though he liked me soo much-and found out that he still did like me and I him-we ended up discussing what we were going to be to each other-friends or get back together.

We decided that we couldn't get back together because although we still very much like each other it wouldn't work as we'd be happy for a few months until he decided he couldn't be in a relationship anymore. We decided to try and be friends and arranged to meet up the next weekend however within a few days i called him to say it was a bad idea and would just lead to us getting back together or something along those lines, which would lead to heartbreak down the line. We also decided to cut back on the contact as since we'd gotten back in touch we'd spoken pretty much every day for hours!

Well we were only supposed to be speaking once a week-i couldn't deal with it, so text him a couple times this week-which would lead to long upsetting text convos about our situation. He said he'd ring me this weekend as we were due a phone chat-but he didn't, i rang him earlier though but he didn't pick up and has not returned my call or text me to say why he didn't pick up.

I know people will say oh i should wait and see if he calls me back tomorrow or texts me but i don't think he will-i think he is trying to cut off contact with me again by ignoring my calls!! and not bothering to call when he said he would-I'm soo pissed off that i let him "hurt" me in this way again.

What is the best plan of action now if he is cutting contact with me without notice-do i try to ring him again during the week, text him to tell him how i feel about what he's doing. Or just don't bother contacting him at all?

let him go.

save yourself the pain and humiliation and let him fly away like a bird.

your efforts will not change a thing. no contact.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

"Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me."

I'd forget about him and move on - he's giving you false hope of friendship with him promising to call. And I wouldn't ring him again, he may think that you are being needy/desperate.
    ""The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more. It plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just stop calling him. You know this isn't going to end up in a relationship, so why are you chasing after him so much? I say stop attempting to contact him at all, and move on.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

God, if you could see yourself.... please stop contacting him. Please.
    Spammer Spanker

Quit calling, quit texting. He has shown you EVERY reason as to why to quit calling, he's not interested. It hurts, but thats the cold truth.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.