+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My situation, and request for advice.

My situation, and request for advice.

Hi everyone, something has been on my mind lately so I decided to find a forum to discuss it. This one seemed like the most popular and definitely the most friendly

Anyways, I am a 17 year old male, and I have been involved in a very serious long-distance relationship with a girl the same age as me. We are both very mature, bright young adults. We've been dating for about 5 months, although I have known her for a year prior to the start of our romantic relationship. Everything is great between us.

Here is my dilema:

Before we started dating, my girlfriend was very promiscuous. She has had many different sexual partners, while I have had none. We have discussed this, and the issue is not that I'm being pressured into sex, or that I don't trust her. In fact, she is very understanding and goes at whatever pace I choose. I just have a hard time accepting that she has been so wild in her past. I often get depressed thinking about how she has had many flings before me. Quite honestly, it breaks my heart. She used to openly tell me about her experiences when we were just friends. Now that we are dating, she rarely mentions anything about her sexual past around me, which I greatly appreciate. I'm just having trouble thinking about how such an amazing girl could have made mistakes like that =/

Can anyone offer any words of advice or comfort?

Some women don't view them as mistakes.

May I ask how you two met?

Stirfry Guest
    What mistakes did she make?
    Why is it a bad thing that you haven't had sex and she's had lots? Are you worried that you'll disappoint her?

We met through a school function, a music group I'm involved with traveled to her school and we frequently see each other during the competition season, because we both live in the Midwest.

I'm not worried about having sex with her at all, that's the least of my worries. It's her past that sort of disappoints me. Maybe I'm being a bit vague here, it's difficult for me to explain.

What happened in her past is in her past. Though, I would be hesitant to be in a long distance relationship with someone that has a promiscuous past since you can't be there physically for her, which is something she has probably grown accustomed to.