+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I move in with a girl I am interested in?

Should I move in with a girl I am interested in?

So, me and this girl want to move in together.

She was the one who first brought it up about 6 months ago, and we have started looking up apartments (We're pretty sure we've found the one we want)

The only problem is - we've got very strong sexual tension. All the time. At least, that's what I'm sensing. She also has a boyfriend. Plus it doesn't help that we went on a few dates about a year ago (did not sleep together though)

But whenever we are around each other we're almost excessively flirty (lots of little insults and playfighting all the time). Our most common friendship activity is to go out to dinner. Alone. Sometimes she'll make dinner for me instead. When she was last single, it was heavily implied I should make a move. The only reason I didn't was that I currently in a relationship.

There's a very decent chance her boyfriend is moving away by the time me and her move in together, and if so, they'll probably break up (Just to clear that up, as I don't think that'll be an issue. Anyway, he's a very big asshole anyway, so I could care less about his feelings in this matter.. but again, this is irrelevant - I wrote this yesterday before I posted it here. I just met him for the first time last night. We got along amazingly as friends).

So the issue is - we're both possibly going to be single, moved in with each other and I believe we both have sexual tension (at least if I am reading that right. A family member of hers friended me recently on Facebook because he thought I WAS her boyfriend - possibly due to the little cutesy insulting comments we made to each other on the pictures from the trip we took. Alone.)

The question then is... are we just moving in together because we want to hookup? I mean, she's even said that I am the only person she wants to live with. When her boyfriend (Who is naturally a jealous type) told her that he thought this arrangement might be unacceptable, and that she might have to choose, she told him he could shove it if he didn't like it.

Just want everyone's opinions. If I am going to be making a roommate choice, even if it is a poor one, I want to know both my and her reasons.

I would never get involved with a roommate- too much potential for disaster. If she thinks the same way, you could blow it with her by moving in.
    Spammer Spanker

She does /not/ think the same way.

She's only had like roommates this year (before that she lived with her mother) but one of the people she moved in with this year she was sleeping with when they moved in together (it was a woman though, and she's bi, so maybe that's different?)

If you want to have a relationship with her I dont think you should move in with her right now.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bad idea on multiple levels. Don't do it.

bad idea. Does her boyfriend agree with this idea?

No, in fact he was quite opposed initially. Told her that she might have to make a choice between him and me. She told him that that was a simple choice and she'd choose me. I BELIEVE that shut him up about it, but I haven't heard since then.

Of course that was before me and him met and we were like instant friends, so I don't know what he feels now. He'd probably be cool with the idea, as long as he doesn't know that me and his gf used to date, or the fact that we secretly want to sleep with each other (which we don't even admit to each other)

And I understand moving in with her is probably a poor choice. Yet for some reason I feel compelled to make this extremely stupid choice.

I just really want to know - are we just doing it because it'll lead to sex? I can't think of another reason why we'd really want to be roommates with each other.

Also, why would she literally FORBID ME from becoming friends with her boyfriend? She was terribly afraid we'd hate each other but has now told me I cannot be his friend, and that I cannot ever hang out with him without her. She also got extremely upset when me and him made friends, and kicked me out of her house (She's never kicked me out before, at least not so rudely)
    Last edited by Pikeman85; 23-05-09 at 08:00 PM.

It sounds like you want to move in with her just so the two of you can hookup
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is never a good idea to dismiss your intellect when making these decisions, and you say you already KNOW it's a bad idea. Use your head. There are loads of promiscuous girls out there... surely you don't have to resort to living with a girl to get layed?

On a separate note, she sounds controlling already, and you aren't even her boyfriend.