+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why not a girlfriend

why not a girlfriend

im sort of confused. i have liked a girl for quite a while, while she has had a boyfriend. we get along amazing, we truly both love each other. she broke up with her boyfriend about a week ago, feeling a bit sad, but not horrible. i seemed to cheer her up a bit. she admitted to liking me a lot, and that playing a big part in breaking up with her ex. we hang out 6-7 days a week, often all day until 2 in the morning. we cuddle, i kissed her, and talk and make each other laugh tons. i get along amazing with her family and friends. my main problem which is actually more curiosity is why she says she doesnt want to go out with me just yet because she needs more time. i understand the fact that she needs more time perfectly but isnt the way we act around each other basically exactly the same. it seems to me we are going out or at least acting like it. just curious to see what you all think about why she is willing to do basically anything like a dating couple would with me but not technically go out with me yet. or what we might be doing differently if we were dating. thanks in advance for the input =)
    Last edited by mc91; 20-08-08 at 03:31 PM.

why not a girlfriend

She's in a process of recovering her ex boyfriend. She thinks if the two of you will be caught by her bf maybe she feels like an easy girl, its been a week ago since they broke up. Take her time to be ready to enter to a new relationship with you, that's great because she's true to her self and she doesn't want to be unfair with your feelings too. Good Luck!

Emotionally she's not ready to move on yet. If she starting dating you before she's ready to date again, you might end up being rebound guy, so it's actually not such a bad thing.

If your relationship confuses you because of the quasi-intimacy, why not just stay strictly friends with her until she's ready to date again?

It could be out of two things to me:

1. She doesnt want to come off easy and

2. She really likes you and doesnt want to treat you like a rebound cuz if you were to start dating now thats exactly what you would be.

She just needs some space and time to think about what she really wants to do. When she's ready, if she is interested in you, she'll most likely let you know. Til then, lay back and go with the flow.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is already the rebound guy. She's hurt from the relationship being broken up and she is using him to get her mind off of it.

OP, whether or not she actually likes you, you're making a mistake by being this close this soon. You're going to turn into the rebound.
    I don't chase, I replace.

thanks for the comments all =)

hi mc91,
    so how is it going with your girlfriend?