+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Load Off my Mind

Load Off my Mind

I truly know the answer, since it's been staring right in my face. I now know that she likes me since writing this all out. That I need to step up to her. But, because I've written this all, I might as well submit it. I just needed to lay it out and writing did just that. Though, knowing your opinion or comment will help, if you are willing enough to read what's below . Thanks.

I've met this girl visiting us - who is my (brother's wife) sister-in-law's cousin last few months ago. I've noticed interest from her to me, but didn't have the courage to step up. Since then, she moved back to her home, in a different state (USA). A few weeks later after her leaving, relatives down where she lived would called and talk to us - and she would ask them (my relatives) to say 'hi' to me. Which give me a larger interest in her, thinking she must like me.

The very next month after the month before her leaving, I was asked to come down and visit my relatives. I saw it as a vacation away from home, a way to free my mind to work easier. But, since arriving, the girl who has interests in me popped up at a party which I went to. I noticed that she wanted me to see her (wanted my attention), she would stand in front where I could see her or talk to people near me. At the end of the party, she had small talk with me about movies which I may be seeing.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, my sister-in-law set us up a date, since a week before or so she mentioned that she liked me. And - knew that I liked her, which gave her the idea to set us up. Well, once she arrived to go out with me, I noticed shyness from her. She would ignore me when walking by me, but with the sort of body language that she wanted to look at me. She also mentioned that she was 'tired.' But, after arriving at the movies, from a somewhat silent ride to there, I slowly got her talking to me. From a few mildly funny jokes and questions about herself. We had about 30 minutes of casual talk before the movie started, which was nice. During the movie, I noticed she was cold, I asked her if she wanted to take my sweatshirt, but she declined, but I believe I saw her blushing. I asked again, but she modestly declined. After the movie I asked her if she was really cold, she said yes, laughingly. Once we exited the theater, it was very winding and cold. Again, I asked her, since I defiantly knew she was cold. She declined again, but I knew it was really cold, but didn't want to force it on her. So - I took my sweatshirt off and told her that, "I'll just have it off and ready when you want it." That's when she started to overly react with her body language. She started to stare down and move back and forth with her legs. Soon enough, our ride picks us up.

Once we got back home, I went to get a drink, since I was thirsty. But - since I'm known for my smoothies, I made smoothies for her and the people hanging out around the time. Before making the smoothies, she mentioned that she was cold at the theater to someone, which was when I reminded her that I asked her if she wanted my sweatshirt. Which was when she laughed hysterically and smiled widely at me. Then the people hanging around became tired and went to sleep, but us two. We stayed up to 5:30 am talking while playing a video game, mostly her; until we went to sleep. The very next day, I was sitting on the ground messing with a few toys left on the ground after taking a shower. Since she spend the night at the place I was staying at (with other people), once she opened the door - I noticed a sharp pause and saw a glimpse of her shoulder. I believed she saw me and froze when she saw me. Thinking because she was shy, I decided to give 'space' and turned around, looking the other away from the door. Which was when, a few moments later, she walks to the restroom.

Since then, she would keep a bit away from me. Staying to herself or friends. But since inviting her to play the very game we played last night, she decided to join. From there the shyness broke for awhile, as we chitchatted. Then, that day breaks, as I was brought along my relatives to go meet people, which took me away from the girl I went out with.

Since then, the routine of her 'ignoring me' but when I talk to her, starts up again. I'd notice that she would look at me a lot when I am not looking at her. Or continue to be in my view in short periods of time, so I would notice her. I'd also gain eye contact with her, but we'd both look away - or that I would. Which then gave me cold feet about the whole thing. Thinking too much. Which is why I decided to write this all at 2:00 in the morning. I've actually asked her on a second date, without the set up. She said yes if she was in the same city with me, since she lives in a different city; one hour away.

Tomorrow I'd be calling her if she is still interested in going, since I asked her two days before since today. Having been sick two days ago and debating whether she likes me or not delayed the call.
    Last edited by ThinkingMuchGuy; 10-09-08 at 05:55 PM.