+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a load of stretch marks.

I have a load of stretch marks.

I lost a lot of weight over the last two years. I lost 80lbs within a few months. I have a load of stretch marks and extra skin in some areas, however, I have muscles.

Some girls stare at the stretch marks on my arms when I wear short-sleeved shirts, and some don't.

This doesn't do anything good for my confidence. I have trouble approaching girls with short-sleeved shorts on, and I don't ever wear sleeveless shirts.

The question I post is, is a girl usually worried about bad skin like this and horrible physical features like this during sex? Am I being self-conscious for something that isn't a big deal?

I'm working on it, but it takes time. What sucks is that the girls don't know where I've been when they meet me. They only know what they meet.

Don't hesitate to bring your achievements in conversation. Include her too. Ask them what are some goals you are aiming to reach. Then when it's your turn... talk about yours.

Losing weight is not easy. You might find some women who find it admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Don't hesitate to bring your achievements in conversation. Include her too. Ask them what are some goals you are aiming to reach. Then when it's your turn... talk about yours.

Losing weight is not easy. You might find some women who find it admirable.
    Logical. I do this usually, but it's hard for me to bring my weight-loss up in normal conversation. I'll stick to my current method of weighing out which is tougher to cope with: dealing with the skin issue as I reveal my body to her before sex, or bringing up the weight-loss subject.

I don't think stretch marks is a deal breaker for a lot of women. Women are forgiving to things like stretch marks... especially if it's because of weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    I don't think stretch marks is a deal breaker for a lot of women. Women are forgiving to things like stretch marks... especially if it's because of weight loss.
    Okay, well, I imagine it's a major turn-off. Am I right? Correct me if I've deduced an improper discernment.

I assume the same goes for excess skin?

As a single mother, I have to say some men don't seem to mind some of my stretch marks. And being that I had complications and had a c-section, don't mind the excess skin.

I should hope that a woman who either knows what happens, or has an inkling of what will happen to her once she has a baby will be immune to that.

Props to you for losing the weight, and good luck on working out. I find it hard to stick to any regimen.

I thought I heard if you rub cocoa butter on them, it can help make them less noticeable because it helps the skin pigmentation cells return..?

Or is that regular scars?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is no cure for stretch marks. You either get them, or you don't. The issue is not a problem with pigmentation - it is a problem with skin being stretched out of shape.

QuanSi - fortunately for you, women tend to be somewhat more forgiving about physical imperfections. If you feel self-conscious, just cover up.

Yes they are. Women will forgive those things. More women than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    There is no cure for stretch marks. You either get them, or you don't. The issue is not a problem with pigmentation - it is a problem with skin being stretched out of shape.

QuanSi - fortunately for you, women tend to be somewhat more forgiving about physical imperfections. If you feel self-conscious, just cover up.
    They can be cleared up. Lots of Vitamin E can help.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what are stretch marks? I hear people talk about them, but I don't really know what they look like. They don't sound that bad.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    what are stretch marks? I hear people talk about them, but I don't really know what they look like. They don't sound that bad.
    Do a google image search, they look like you had extra skin. I think there are some treatments.

As for you QuanSai I wouldn't worry not even a bit, people have all kinds of marks, scars, burns, acne...etc but that doesn't prevent them from living a normal life. People will always stare, its plain curiosity.

If you're concerned about your physical appearance, as I said before thats personal perception, a subjective opinion. We're all different, but no-one is perfect. I can guarantee you that even though it might make you uncomfortable, it won't hurt your chances with girls a lot. They prefer that you're slim with stretch marks, rather than fat without them (I don't mean this in an offensive way).

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by QuanSai View Post
    They can be cleared up. Lots of Vitamin E can help.
    If they could be cleared up, no woman in America would have them.

Charlieboy - look here.

[url]http://search.earthlink.net/search/image?q=stretch+marks&area=earthlink-ws&channel=nonregistered&abtcgid=87&abtli=0[/url]

Oh God Vash...the first pic doesnt look like stretchmarks
    Looks like she got away from a bear attack or something...I hope mines never get that bad.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Whatever you do, dont go tanning stretch marks dont tan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast