+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Should Be--So Why the Opposite?

I Should Be--So Why the Opposite?

I emailed my ex like, 2 months ago-He replied, stating "What's Up?" -I replied back, asking him what "mistakes I made in our relationship that made it sour--for future reference". I didn't write the email to him to reconcile WITH him. He was never the 'emotional' type, so of course, I didn't get a response after that. Then, just last Thursday, I emailed, stating "What's up"--just to see how he was doing, b/c I thought maybe we could be friends. T

hen, I receieved this email: "Can you please stop emailing me. I am no longer interested in you, and I have a girlfriend that Im getting married to."

I thought I was over him. I didn't think it would sting me. Y would he wait until NOW to tell me this?

I should be happy that he's moved on....so why I am NOT happy?
    Last edited by Kay5; 17-09-08 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Started from the beginning about situation

How long have you been broken up?
    I don't chase, I replace.

For (almost) a year, since we last spoke about our relationship (ME moreso than HIM).

He's getting married after less than one year...yeah, right. He just said it so that you will not contact him. Maybe his other girl demands it or maybe he thinks you are trying to get back into a relationship with him. It seems that you are contacting him more than he want. He doesn't sound like a friendly type. Some people can't be friends with their ex. I think it's a skill hehe. Most people still have too much feelings no matter what they say to you.

I think it's quite natural to not be happy when you try to contact someone wanting to be their friend or whatever and they say they don't want you contacting them.

I don't know, there's something wrong or at least different about me because I just cannot say things like that to someone.

Anyways, why are you not happy that he's moved on? Maybe you're jealous?

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    He's getting married after less than one year...yeah, right. He just said it so that you will not contact him. Maybe his other girl demands it or maybe he thinks you are trying to get back into a relationship with him. It seems that you are contacting him more than he want. He doesn't sound like a friendly type. Some people can't be friends with their ex. I think it's a skill hehe. Most people still have too much feelings no matter what they say to you.
    Lol, I thought that maybe he was lying too, but I dunno--not going to speculate.

yea, it turns out he's a meanie--who knew?? Oh well, life goes on, right?

Quote Originally Posted by kene View Post
    I think it's quite natural to not be happy when you try to contact someone wanting to be their friend or whatever and they say they don't want you contacting them.

I don't know, there's something wrong or at least different about me because I just cannot say things like that to someone.

Anyways, why are you not happy that he's moved on? Maybe you're jealous?
    it's not jealousy--just the fact that he's moved on so quickly, perhaps?

Anyhoo, I'm much better today than yesterday when I got the news. Just gotta keep on truckin.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kay5 View Post
    it's not jealousy--just the fact that he's moved on so quickly, perhaps?

Anyhoo, I'm much better today than yesterday when I got the news. Just gotta keep on truckin.

Thanks!
    Well, I agree that getting married in 8-12 months after meeting someone is a little fast, but it's definitely plenty of time to get over just a relationship.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Well, I agree that getting married in 8-12 months after meeting someone is a little fast, but it's definitely plenty of time to get over just a relationship.
    ITA as well, but I'm not him, lol.

I'm getting over it. thanks.