+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm attracted to my Co-Worker...but she is Married.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    Are you a mod Cain? I want to be a mod!
    No, but I've run message board before and so I know the software that's being used.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    No, but I've run message board before and so I know the software that's being used.

maybe thats the secret....maybe you're the one deleting anachronistics posts
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    maybe thats the secret....maybe you're the one deleting anachronistics posts
    Yeah, that's it.

I'm know so much about the software that I can do things that only mods and admins can do without actually having the power.

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I think more people should simply try lurking on a forum for a while before just coming in randomly and posting whatever is on their minds. That should give them the sense of the type of advice they are going to get, should they feel they may be too sensitive for it.

I read through the forums pretty carefully when I came here and asked for advice. I got a good idea of the kind of advice people were getting and it all sounded very honest and intelligent. I knew that people weren't going to pat me on the back, but instead give me pretty straight up responses which were what I was seeking.
    Yep I was a lurker. If I posted what I initially had questions about, I am sure to have gotten negative responses.

I remembered when I first came here I read a few posts before asking you guys anything. In my first post ("absence makes the heart grow fonder.....right?") I mentioned that I read you guys' past posts and trusted your advice. I had also said dont be too harsh cuz I read a couple lol but I said to be straight up. I hate when they come on and say they accept any advice and turn around and get mad when any advice is given. I still wuv visiting this site every day.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHarvest View Post
    Deleted. Piss off trolls.
    Pussy.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There is no way that my post about EAs could have been interpreted as anything other than polite & to the point. This is just an example of someone not really wanting advice, only looking for what he wanted to hear.

Oh well. Some ppl just need to learn the hard way. And when ppl lash out like that from advice on an anonymous forum, its usually a sign that the target *was* hit. Something went in; he just didn't like how it made him feel. Shrug.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    There is no way that my post about EAs could have been interpreted as anything other than polite & to the point. This is just an example of someone not really wanting advice, only looking for what he wanted to hear.

Oh well. Some ppl just need to learn the hard way. And when ppl lash out like that from advice on an anonymous forum, its usually a sign that the target *was* hit. Something went in; he just didn't like how it made him feel. Shrug.
    It seems like more and more people are doing this now. They aren't coming here for advice. They're coming here in hopes that the majority will be there to reinforce their beliefs. God forbid anyone actually disagree with what the asshole is doing or offer him another perspective.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's been that way since I came here.

In fact, I think we're due for some old fart to come in looking for justification to fool around with an underaged girl or vice versa.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It is my opinion that most ppl already know the answer to their issue before they post. They are simply looking for honest reinforcement. Its especially important for ppl like the OP, who are in denial, to know how the situation looks objectively.

Its not usually pleasant, tho. Hence the tendency for ppl like the OP to 'shoot the messenger'. Was Gribble and some others harsh in their assessment? Mbe, but that doesn't make them any less right. And its not like THEY are the ones chasing after a married woman. Its funny how ppl like the OP want to transfer *their* guilt onto someone completely removed from what is their own problem.

If the OP wants to be treated with kid gloves like a counsellor would, then he should pay the $$$ to be coddled by a professional. Don't come to a free forum, next time.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It was maybe my fault? Young people take a lot of offense at being told that no, they AREN'T mature enough to handle certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    It was maybe my fault? Young people take a lot of offense at being told that no, they AREN'T mature enough to handle certain situations.
    I think he took the most offense to Gribble.

It's sad that he let a little bit of colorful language dissuade him from having what could be a helpful dialogue with people about this.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Ah, who gives a crap about 'guilt'? He needed to hear those things. Forums are caveat emptor. This should be part of the forum introduction: if you don't want brut honest comments, don't post.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Cain would be a good mod.
    So would YOU, Gribble. I think a lot of members would agree.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123