+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: has anyone else here ever felt hopeless about dating?

I'm sorry Shh! but I'm going to have to agree with a lot of things Neo has said in this thread. Sure a lot of it is generalizations and a lot of the things aren't ALWAYS true. But they are ALMOST always true.

There is a lot expected from men and to be honest it kind of stinks. We're expected to have good jobs, be the ones to pursue you, be handsome, strong, intelligent, funny, confident, provide for a family...etc.

But for women those things are usually not expected, they're just considered nice bonuses.
    Last edited by 1averagejoe; 13-10-08 at 11:03 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep. I'm not getting fuccked. Ever

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    manwhores are trashy b/c you say so? There's absolutely no logic in that argument.

see how that works? When you're ready to explain how I'm wrong, then I'll put more thought into my response. ;-)
    I never said anyone was trashy. You did.

If you associate promiscuity with trashiness, then it goes for both sexes. Guys don't get a pass, because they have to "work harder". In fact, if that is your logic then one could argue that a guy is MORE trashy because he is putting more effort into it.

That is why your argument is illogical.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

shh! says:

"Guys always think they have it harder. Try being an ugly girl."

that's b/c guys typically do have it harder than girls. You aren't held to the same standards as we are. We're expected to be taller, stronger, faster, smarter, more confident, more stable, and earn more. If we're not, it's viewed by society as weakness on our part. As for your claim about being an ugly girl, have you forgotten about ugly guys? They can't hide behind makeup, jewelry, hair accessories, etc to make themselves more attractive without looking gay.
    You know what, I am starting to think that voting you for president wouldn't have been such a bad idea in the first place.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I never said anyone was trashy. You did.

If you associate promiscuity with trashiness, then it goes for both sexes. Guys don't get a pass, because they have to "work harder". In fact, if that is your logic then one could argue that a guy is MORE trashy because he is putting more effort into it.

That is why your argument is illogical.
    I'm taking a critical reasoning class on argumentation...you are correct starbuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    I'm sorry Shh! but I'm going to have to agree with a lot of things Neo has said in this thread. Sure a lot of it is generalizations and a lot of the things aren't ALWAYS true. But they are ALMOST always true.

There is a lot expected from men and to be honest it kind of stinks. We're expected to have good jobs, be the ones to pursue you, be handsome, strong, intelligent, funny, confident, provide for a family...etc.

But for women those things are usually not expected, they're just considered nice bonuses.
    Why isn't a potential female dating prospect expected to be most of those things? You want to date ugly, humorless, insecure girls? I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    What a whiny thread.
    How did that cup of Ownage taste shh!?

The truth is, you guys are falling into the 90/10 hypothesis, which says that 90% of males go after 10% of females. THAT is why you aren't getting laid, or why you can't get a "nice" girl, or whatever it is you are whining about. Broaden your horizons a little, boys. There are plenty of nice girls sitting at home on Friday and Saturday nights.

Of course, they probably wouldn't be impressed with your pity party.

starbuck says:

"I never said anyone was trashy. You did.

That is why your argument is illogical."

girls determine the rules of courtship while guys play by those rules. So you can't blame us for playing fair, but you can blame girls for making the game the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    The truth is, you guys are falling into the 90/10 hypothesis, which says that 90% of males go after 10% of females. THAT is why you aren't getting laid, or why you can't get a "nice" girl, or whatever it is you are whining about. Broaden your horizons a little, boys. There are plenty of nice girls sitting at home on Friday and Saturday nights.

Of course, they probably wouldn't be impressed with your pity party.
    The other 90% failed to look even decent enough to **** despite the fact that this was their ONLY requirement to get a boyfriend. They don't have to be rich or "out going"(what ever the **** women mean by that) and confident. They just have to be good looking, man I would be all over with chicks if that was my only requirement.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Guess what I'm gonna do right now? Wack off to the picture Grk posted in another thread. I already saved it on my computer

girls determine the rules of courtship while guys play by those rules. So you can't blame us for playing fair, but you can blame girls for making the game the way it is.
    You're actually totally right, Neo. There is a highly secret society of women called the "Paris Hilton Illuminati" who meet in underground locations to decide these dating rules and impose them on men. I knew you were on to us.

Now that you have exposed the truth, this thread is going to self-destruct.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    But seriously, this thread shouldn't be divided along male / female lines. Both guys and girls suck and cause problems

Such as, guys put value on how fast a girl will put out, so to get the guy they want they put out faster. As a result, girls have more sex, but many guys, at the same time, don't want slutty girls! Now how does that work?

starbuck says:

"Why isn't a potential female dating prospect expected to be most of those things? You want to date ugly, humorless, insecure girls? I highly doubt it."

I don't think 1averagejoe meant that girls are expected to be the opposite of what he listed. He is saying that girls aren't expected to meet those attributes to the same degree as guys.

I think whether you're a male or female you're drawn to attractive, confident, secure, intelligent, funny, high-charasmatic persons of the opposite sex.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast