+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: new hair philosophy

Maybe I'll do that tonight and then condition it tomorrow morning before I fly. I was thinking of not bringing shampoo with me on my 2-week trip but I think that might be a bit extreme.

yeah you're probably gonna want to wash your hair in that time.

i don't know about you but when i travel my hair freaks out! i actually straighten it to travel because it gets greasy and frizzy. i think traveling through different climates and elevations causes hair panic. i straighten it and put it up because if i don't, when i land, my hair is way out of control.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    yeah you're probably gonna want to wash your hair in that time.

i don't know about you but when i travel my hair freaks out! i actually straighten it to travel because it gets greasy and frizzy. i think traveling through different climates and elevations causes hair panic. i straighten it and put it up because if i don't, when i land, my hair is way out of control.
    Wait, do you straighten it just to fly? or for the whole trip?

I've been thinking of straightening it just for fun but I thought would undo all the progress it's made in getting curlier.

not the whole time just when i'm traveling long distances. whether it be flying or driving.

straightening your hair will not make it less curly. in fact it's good to straighten it once in a while because it makes the oils distribute a little better through your hair.

you should do some research on why curly hair is curly. when i did things seemed to make a lot more sense.

The gel has made a nice big difference. Definitely going to use that more often. And I'll borrow my friend's straightener soon.

i use this anti-frizz smoothing cream and it works really good. it's cheap. suave i think.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i use this anti-frizz smoothing cream and it works really good. it's cheap. suave i think.
    I need to buy something like that when I get back to the states (home of suave). I ran out of my other gel and the new one I bought is really crunchy. My students keep asking if my hair is wet Also, the bike-as-hairdryer approach is no longer working for me.

I'm on a mission to make it curlier now. I straightened it the other day and the look just doesn't work for me. Maybe when it's a bit longer...?

are you scrunching while it's drying? scrunch scrunch scrunch!

oh and i'm sure there's anti frizz cream that's cheap where you are. i'm sure any of those would work.

grrr. I found some curl/anti-frizz cream and bought it without looking at the ingredients. There are a lot of -ates. I used it yesterday and it didn't work well, and then I had to wash my hair with shampoo this morning to get it out and it's still feeling weird. Money wasted.

what kind was it?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I shower daily but only shampoo alternate days. I use a leave-in conditioner. Usually air-dry unless I'm in a rush to get out the door. I found in high school that my hair was becoming crunchy. I was shampooing everyday (I was a swimmer). That & the chlorine really trashes one's hair.

Oh, one upside to this is that I use less shampoo. Thus, I can justify a more expensive brand.

FWIW.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I shower daily but only shampoo alternate days. I use a leave-in conditioner. Usually air-dry unless I'm in a rush to get out the door. I found in high school that my hair was becoming crunchy. I was shampooing everyday (I was a swimmer). That & the chlorine really trashes one's hair.

Oh, one upside to this is that I use less shampoo. Thus, I can justify a more expensive brand.

FWIW.
    What kind of leave-in conditioner do you use? And what kind of hair do you have? As of the beginning of this thread, I don't wash my hair every day with shampoo - no more than twice a week. It had been about a week since I washed it with shampoo, until today when I had to wash the nastiness out. The curl stuff I got didn't make it any curlier, and it felt gross. I wash with conditioner every day. It has gotten a LOT less frizzy since I stopped washing it every day (I used to wash at least once a day if not twice.)

I've now gone through about 3 things of conditioner while I've had the same shampoo since February. That's a switch! I think I will splurge on some expensive shampoo for curls next time - although at this rate I won't use up the shampoo for another few months :-D

Sombra, it's Nivea Flexible Curls anti-frizz cream.

Daily fact: If your hair has been unwashed for couple of days, its oily enough so you don't need to use gels!
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Daily fact: If your hair has been unwashed for couple of days, its oily enough so you don't need to use gels!
    What?

I use gel to make it more curly. If it's unwashed for a few days and I use nothing, it gets straighter. My goal is curlier. Always curlier.

Anyway, like I said, I scrub it with conditioner every day.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast