+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A bit of philosophy:)

A bit of philosophy:)

WHY DO YOU THINK it is so easy being with the ones we don't love and so damn hard with the ones that we love?

becouse humans are afaird of comitment...or at least thats what my earth teacher told us lol
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

Depends what you mean by being hard being with the ones you love.

If your on about staying in a relationship, then I think (and Im not speeking from experience here) is because for the relationship to work properly you have to let your guard down, which makes you vulnerable. So the slighest thing can have a big impact on you.
    And with your guard down you are more prone to being hurt and then break up.

Because you're afraid that you'll hurt the person you love. You're afraid that something may happen, and it makes you feel a little awkward or standoffish, because you don't want to tamper with anything. But then that begins the shift away that ends the relationship anyway, so it's a bit of a paradox. At least, that's the way I look at it.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

If you truly love someone, it doesn't really matter whether or not you are with that person. And it never is difficult to be with someone you truly love in my opinion. But anyway, I'd give my view on "tainted love" which is very common nowadays, and probably in the past too. Heck... love is too great to truly comprehend.

And what do you mean by "being with"? In love? As friends or what? For me it's any kind of relationship.

Anyway, here's my take on it: Because you don't know what to expect. You don't know if you should expect nothing or expect a lot. When you love someone and want to be with that person, you don't know if you should expect that person to feel the same as you or not. If you have no expectations, sometimes you feel that you are not getting any satisfaction out of the relationship cos the giving is always one way. You start feeling bitter - and you start expecting. Humans expect. That's a common human trait. They expect that hard work pays off. People always say that good things come to those who wait and where there's a will there's a way. I say going by how my life has been so far, that's utter bullshit. But that's probably not that relevant here. And sometimes if the person you love loves someone else, you feel very jealous and you love and hate the person at the same time. If you keep thinking too much about this you'd drive yourself crazy. Thus, it gets hard to be with the person you love.

Also, you try so damn hard to impress the person you love. It gets tiring, and gives you a lot of stress. And you want the person so badly, so you're afraid to screw things up. With others, it doesn't really matter that much to you how he/she sees you, cos as far as you're concerned he/she is not that important.
    Clarity of mind means clarity of passion too; this is why a great and clear mind loves ardently and sees distinctly what it loves. -- Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

im afraid of comitment i am and i dont know what to do im so unsure about being with him... one minuite im one way the next im another. help!

cuz we're all retarded.