+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: new hair philosophy

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, engineering argument. I should comb my hair in a vacuum then.

By your argument, in the bathtub, floating should be fine then, LOL.

I wonder how cats manage, since licking their fur should definitely weaken the hair.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    Hair when it's weight = heavier = more tension = easier to break. It's not that difficult to understand. I don't know about you, but when I had longer hair and I brushed/combed when wet, I got A LOT more breakage. If you're going to do it when it's wet, use a wide tooth comb. Do some research on it.

Also there are some pH balanced shampoos.
    I have to brush my hair when it's wet or else I can't get the brush through the snarls if it dries.

This also doesn't follow logic of blow drying and such. If you don't brush your hair before you blow dry, it comes out kind of odd.... I'd suggest using a leave-in conditioner if you are concerned about breaks. it also helps detangle your hair.

what about that l'orel kids stuff for no tangles? or jergens baby shampoo?
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

[url]http://askville.amazon.com/true-brushing-hair-wet/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=5200117[/url]

[url]http://www.hair-styles-secrets-revealed.com/hair%20brush.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/brush_wet_hair.htm[/url]

[url]http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071211162023AAPY8Cl[/url]

Need I post anymore? The idea is use a wide tooth comb/brush, only do it if you have to, and don't be aggressive with your hair because it's more likely to damage when it's wet. Why the heck are you bringing up cats of all things? lmfao...I don't know about you, but cats leave a hairy mess everywhere they sit/rub against. Plus, I'm sure they're not worried about slip ends. lol

I don't understand how the heck you're even relating my logic to floating in a bathtub being fine. You can rinse your hair, you can shampoo it, you can spray water at it, but brushing while wet is very likely to damage it.

Your logic makes absolutely no sense.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Neither do those links, AJ. They aren't exactly science articles, lol. People can write whatever they want and post it online. There's no lack of experts out there, only *reliable* experts.

Anyway, if you want to comb your hair dry/wet, whatever. I'm just not sure your reason has any real validity to it, is all.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

In high school I used to carry a brush in my backpack and brush my hair whenever I was bored.

Since then (5 years ago), I can't remember the last time I brushed my hair. The idea of it (and what my hair would look like if I did it) makes me shudder a bit.
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 16-05-09 at 04:52 AM.

omg i should comb my hair while it's dry and take a picture and show it to you guys.

i have a full on AFRO If i do that.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Neither do those links, AJ. They aren't exactly science articles, lol. People can write whatever they want and post it online. There's no lack of experts out there, only *reliable* experts.

Anyway, if you want to comb your hair dry/wet, whatever. I'm just not sure your reason has any real validity to it, is all.
    What do you want? A scholarly article from a professor that did actual lab studies on it? lol

I'm just trying to give you advice on taking care of your hair and you're telling me that I have no proof that it's true. My proof is from personal experience as well as others experiences. It's common sense and a widely accepted fact. You're asking me to prove that water is wet.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    omg i should comb my hair while it's dry and take a picture and show it to you guys.

i have a full on AFRO If i do that.
    Use conditioner or a leave in anti-frizz serum, they act like a lubricant.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What do you want? A scholarly article from a professor that did actual lab studies on it? lol

I'm just trying to give you advice on taking care of your hair and you're telling me that I have no proof that it's true. My proof is from personal experience as well as others experiences. It's common sense and a widely accepted fact. You're asking me to prove that water is wet.
    AJ there are people who believe all sorts of things. And some will even say them loudly & forcefully, with some vague scientific-sounding argument that may, or may not, be correct. But being opinionated doesn't make one correct. My own common sense tells me that if I comb my hair *dry* it is more likely to break b/c the water acts as a lubricant. Certainly, its a LOT harder for me to pull a brush through my hair dry than wet. Just giving you an alternative hypothesis. For all I know, the additional weight of wet hair is nothing compared to the strength of the hard keratin it is made of. Teeth also contain hard keratin in the enamel (I think) and one wouldn't argue that the water in our mouths make our teeth less strong when we bite.

So no, you don't need to find a scholarly article. Tho it would be interesting if there was one. I'm just saying that what you present as *proof* isn't really proof, its opinion. That's fine as far as it goes. Shrug.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 17-05-09 at 02:57 AM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Use conditioner or a leave in anti-frizz serum, they act like a lubricant.
    sorry aj. i wouldn't hire you to be my hair dresser.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456