+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She likes me but loves him scenario (ouch)

She likes me but loves him scenario (ouch)

Casually dated a co-worker for a month or so. We got along so well, almost in-seperatable. I secretly knew that she was also kind of casually seeing someone else. This guy was actually her best friend whom she's known for her whole life.

Well, this guy finally confessed his feelings for her, and she immedietely dropped me and started a relationship with him. Of course I feel this is like a stab in the back, but I also somewhat understand the situation, and why she went to someone she's liked for years versus me whom we've only hung out for a month or so.

I told her I wasn't mad, but very dissappointed. I told her I was upset that she was hanging out with me, but wanted to BE with someone else, and that if she was just honest I would of been cool and backed off.

She says she never thought anything would happen with the other guy, so she focused on me. She says when he asked her, she was completely off-guard. She admits what she did was wrong, and even admitted that she has feelings for me, and wants to stay friends.

Seeing her everyday is just a constant reminder of what i HAD, and drives me nuts. I've come to terms that it's over, (even though deep down i want her back), and contemplated giving the friend thing a shot. At this point, I don't know what to feel or do. I want to be mad, I want to just not talk to her. The other side of me says, "you gave it a shot, it didnt work, just go back the way things were as friends". Unfortunately my heart wants to run, and my brain says to stay.

You should probably move on. Being around her if you like her is only going to make it hurt more. It sucks that you work with her. Let this be a lesson not to date co-workers.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rollerderby View Post
    You should probably move on. Being around her if you like her is only going to make it hurt more. It sucks that you work with her. Let this be a lesson not to date co-workers.
    I agree with this.

If you know you still have feelings for her, being friends isn't going to work out.