+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend is going to uni

My girlfriend is going to uni

Hi

Me and my girlfriend have been going out for nearly 5 months now and we both love each other a lot. She is going to uni in sept, she's is only about an hour away but i'm just worried what might happen to our relationship.

She's not the kind of person to get off with just anyone and I have actually heard her say that! We've never argued and I can't imagine doing so with her.

Also we're going on holiday twice together this year...And she's also mentioned about going away next year, so i keep thinking to myself that that must mean something! eh?

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this yet and whether its lasted for them? Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers!

when i left to uni (which was also an hour away from home ) me and my Ex had been together 2 years already. He was quite abit older than me and could drive where i was only 18 and couldnt at that point. I must say the first 6 months was ok... although he made me do a 2 hour bus journey home EVERY weekend to see him and he never ONCE drove to see me which would only take him an hour by car. He took me for granted and became very selfish. You and your s/o just have to split everything down the middle and not leave it all to one person to see the other. It is hard because you s/o might want to go out with her friends to new places and it might make you feel abit uncomfortable..and not to mention all the new people and friends she will make. But if you trust her you have nothing to worry about.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should break up. It's time for her to spread her wings, and she will be entering a time period in her life of tremendous intellectual and personal growth. Don't hold her back. If you are interested in seeing each other during summer breaks, fine.

ur asking the wrong people, no wonder u don't argue when u dont discuss the important things

about a month into my relationship with my current boyfriend he moved 6 hours away to college. it was really difficult but we made it work. We both had the freedom to spend time with friends and be independent from one another. 4 years later we are still making it work (though he moved to a closer school eventually)

Kiss her goodbye! And be happy about it!

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would be very upset if my boyfriend would break up with me just because I'm studying in another place than he is.I think it would cause more stress to me than seeing him during weekends and holidays... Just my point of view,and I know something about this...
    I wazzzz here

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Kiss her goodbye! And be happy about it!
    Well dopp, aren't You in a similar position?
    I wazzzz here