I know next to nothing about relationships, and, although I have friends who know about it, I thought telling this would make me seem a little insane.

I was at my home one night, and I got a phone call from this girl, "I'm sorry, but I just don't want to be your friend anymore." *click*. I stood there, dumbfounded. Didn't help that she was one of the few friends I had way back when. Before this, I think I had been paying too much attention to her, I dunno. But later, I had been called out by another guy, and he gathered most of the grade, and, when asked about her, I screamed, "I hate her guts!" Only later, when I saw her behind the playground did I go "Oh, no." And there was another incident that I probably embarrassed her.

That, unfortunately, was in 3 grade. Christ I wish I were lying, and I just graduated from high school.

Well, since that period, she has never spoken to me, and I've tried, for the sake of closure. I later heard, through various friends in middle school, that she was convinced by her friends to let go because I was the weird kid. She has given me the death glare, and rejected any online contact. This is partially the reason I wanted to say this anonymously. I'm sure most people would think this suspicious (and I don't blame you if you do).

But I came here to get an opinion because I know I'll never get whatever I'm trying to get from her. In retrospect, what I did was bad, but I was a 3 grader who had just moved into town with no friends and little to no social skills (this explains it, but I know it doesn't excuse it).

My friend is in a similar situation, and so it'd help us both.