+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Shyness

Shyness

I like this guy i met 2 years ago..
    on a party.. we danced he asked for my msn
    we talked.. but like it can happen.. we stopped talking for no reason haha so, 2 years after, he added me to msn again, we talked and the first day he asked my phone number, he texted me, a lot, for 2 weeks, he asked me out, all of this, just as friends.. we went out and the first moment i saw him, i was blown away.. we had so much fun, laughed a lot, so much chemistry.. after that i started liking him a lot.. and as you like someone, you start over aanalizing stuff.. so i noticed he only talked to me through msn (example: yahoo!) if i said hello to him first.. so i decided to let him talk to mee.. after a week i didnt talk to him he didnt talk to me.. so i was kinda sad, but a week passed and he talked to me, i was like (OMG WHY WHEN IM ALMOST GETTING HIM OUT OF MY MIND) so i said hello.. we talked and the thing is that after 4 days i told him i had to tell him a secret.. and i told him i USED to like him, but not anymore.. and he said that he was really distracted and if i never told him he would never notice.. and he asked me "how could a girl like you like a guy like me?" and then.. since i told him that..
    he talks to me A LOT always says hello to me as instantly i go online.. (HE IS NOT A PLAYER, AT ALL, HE'S SHY) and the last thing he told me was (you owe me a massage and even now that im stressed) and he always says: answer my messages please =)
    soo.. i dont really know if he likes me or not
    WHAT CAN I DO? HOW TO SEDUCE A SHY GUY?
    HOW TO GO OUT WITH HIM?
    PLEASE..
    ADVICES =)

* i like him since..3 months ago now.

What exactly do you mean he asked you out *just as friends*? That seems kind of weird, guys don't usually ask girls that they meet at parties out as friends. Anyway...

It sounds like he likes you. If you say he is really shy, you are either going to have to ask him out yourself or give extremely obvious hints to get him to muster the courage. He is over-analyzing stuff just like you, and I promise when you said, "I used to like you, but not anymore" he literally thinks you do not like him anymore.

Although, he probably is also excited that you liked him in the past and that is why he started messaging you more, trying to get you to like him again. I say, ask him out yourself, but NOT just as friends. You can do it over MSN, since you are the girl and it isn't really your responsibility to do the asking -- normally I would suggest calling.

Three months is a long time to be caught up with this guy going absolutely nowhere. Next time he is on MSN say, "Hey, I have another secret to tell you. I think I like you now too and I want to go out with you, like a date." See what he does. You need to either end this, or take it to the next step; GET OUT OF THIS LIMBO!

If you aren't comfortable with making the first move, then the move you need to make is to move on. You gave this guy a fair chance.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Take the bull by the horns and tell him to take you out! Don't be shy about it too or nothing will happen. If you know that he's the shy one and you feel like more of the outgoing type, then ask HIM out on a date.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Ugh, I hate it when guys can't be the dude.

It's up to you. It seems like that move you made he began to like you, but he also seemed kind of disinterested on his own. Do you know his dating history? Don't ask him if you don't, but if he is very much a novice, then you might have to ask him out out. But I would hope that maybe you could rather hint around (very not subtly) that you guys should do something.

But I also think that, if he hasn't gotten the courage to do it by now, that is also saying something. What it says, I'm not sure. I only remember my own experience with a guy who seemed to like to talk to me all the time on Messenger, but not really on the phone, or ever consistently. Usually if he is really into you, he finds a way to talk to you, shy or not. It did not end well, I ended up being very hurt because I didn't read the writing on the wall sooner. So I learned.

But, then again, there are always exceptions, and I don't want to tell you to scrap him, just based on my own experience. But I think you need to try to keep a clear head and don't pursue him too hard. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. And I'm sure you'd feel more secure around him if he chased you a bit. (And I mean, more than just MSN).

Was there a time where he said if he liked you at any point or not?

Do what you gotta do. Try to get an answer on his feelings or thoughts on you. But if you hear any of these phrases :"Still talking to me ex." "Not looking for a girlfriend." "I don't have a lot of free time." I would be very wary.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

the thing is that.. recently im talking to him like.. friendly but with a little more thatn friends like..
    ur cutee that way.. ur smile is pretty.. etc
    and he asks me [really? but he NEVER says oh.. you too.. or stuff like dhat =( he keeps telling: answer my messages (text) and im like.. ok.. but ive only gotten one text since he told me "ANSWER MY TEXT"

the thing is that he asked me out so that we could see each other after 2 years (that's what i mean by JUST AS FRIENDS)