+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friends

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Friends

So how's this for commitment? I've known my best friend for 18 years as of next month. I've known my two next closest friends for 14 years.

The longest I've ever dated a girl was 3 months. And that was because she was bi and polyamorous. I kept thinking that if I stuck with it a little longer I'd get my threesome. Her friend seemed up for it. Unfortunately she decided that she was in love with me and she wanted to give up the poly life and be exclusive. Yeah, sure...

Ahem.

Couple of old friends are coming in from out of town next weekend. I'm so looking forward to that. Even better, I just managed to track down another old friend from that same group. We've all been out of touch with him for the last 5 years. Looks like he's going to be hanging out with us as well.

This is going to be so sweet. We used to travel in a pack. If you saw one of us you could rest assured the rest were around the corner. I'm a lone wolf now but I wasn't back then. This will be the first time in half a decade that we've all been together. Best of all, this guy was my prime wingman back when we were undergrads. Finally going to have someone to troll the bars with me. So don't be surprised if next time I'm here I've got the clap, a black eye and a story to tell.

Booze, broads and bullshit. My kind of weekend.
    Last edited by Gribble; 22-07-09 at 02:24 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hell, a lot of people are better at being friends than being relationship material.

Go nuts and have a ball. The best friends are the ones you can skip the catching up BS and pick up right where you left off. Try not to catch the clap though ...

I, too, am lucky to have a crazy amount of friends ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."