+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Date on Sunday

My Date on Sunday

So, I would just like to explain my progress to you lovely people. I've met a girl who lives in the same town as me. I'm taking her bowling with me and then I'm planning to take her on this trail and I'm going to watch the sunset with her and then I'm going to take her home. Does that sound romantic?

As for my confidence, I was straight up with her from the get go. I asked her what she felt about first dates and stuff and I told her what I felt about first dates so we kinda both know what to expect.

One bad thing is I'm paying. But I don't mind too much.

I confirmed it with her that it is a date. I know it's a first date but I'm like totally in lalaalalalala land. But I'm kinda nutz so it's okay.

I text her a lot. Who would have guessed? I asked her what she felt about it and she said she liked it. =O

I asked her what she thought about me calling and stuff and she said she liked it. =)

What do you guys think?
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Congratulations, sounds like you have a lovely night planned with her. First dates are exciting, I hope it all goes well.

Lee

Raze says:

"So, I would just like to explain my progress to you lovely people. I've met a girl who lives in the same town as me. I'm taking her bowling with me and then I'm planning to take her on this trail and I'm going to watch the sunset with her and then I'm going to take her home. Does that sound romantic?"

sounds desperate for a first date. Why not agree to meet at Starbucks or go for a walk around a park? Both ideas are cheaper and leave you with an exit plan in case the date goes bad. You f*cked up by offering to drive her ass. Good luck trying to keep her interests the whole time!

"As for my confidence, I was straight up with her from the get go. I asked her what she felt about first dates and stuff and I told her what I felt about first dates so we kinda both know what to expect. "

waay too desperate. What next? You're going to talk about marriage and children on the 2nd date? Learn to relax and just go with the flow.

"One bad thing is I'm paying. But I don't mind too much."

words of a desperate guy

"I confirmed it with her that it is a date. I know it's a first date but I'm like totally in lalaalalalala land. But I'm kinda nutz so it's okay."

desperate!!!

"I text her a lot. Who would have guessed? I asked her what she felt about it and she said she liked it."

of course she likes it... for now. Girls are attention whores. They love when you give in to what they want. You're her new play toy but as soon as she loses interests, she will drop you like a bad habit. If you want to keep this girl around, you need to pull away a little. Make her have to work for your attention.

lol..damn Neo...harsh but exactly right! Raze i'm afraid you're rushing things but you know what...i will be a little different from Neo just simply because from seeing what you wrote above it doesn't sound like you go on very many dates therefore i say do what your heart feels right now...you will eventually learn the right way..you know after falling a few times
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Man, I feel dumb. Grrr.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Raze says:

"Man, I feel dumb. Grrr."

imagine how I felt after learning from my mistakes ;-)

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just hope you don't put on some BS attitude and she never calls you back b/c of it. Especially if she is a keeper.

These games don't always work. Some gals are offended by them.

See how your first date goes. Mbe she thinks like you do, and its all good. I know people who got married after knowing each other 2 weeks (and still together, yes). Its rare, tho.

In other words, don't adopt an attitude just because that's what 'players' do. Most of them can't stay in a committed relationship to save their life.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

how did your date go?

Pretty good! We didn't kiss though =(... I always get a lil down when it doesnt happen, but we scheduled another date for this coming sunday. So, maybe I'll get my chance then. =P We held hands and skated together. I was protecting her from falling because she told me she's bad at skating. At the end of the date I gave her a hug because I didn't want to come on too strong and didn't wanna force anything. Plus, I read that it's better to kiss on the second date.

I still get nervous around her though. Ugh. Damn butterflies won't leave me alone.

She speaks German as a second language. =O sexy sexy lol
    Last edited by Raze; 08-08-09 at 01:56 AM.