+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Date on Sunday (new one)!

Date on Sunday (new one)!

Well, my love life gets confusing sometimes. Things didn't work out with the one girl (whom I had a date last sunday with) even though I thought it went great. So, that's the update on that.

I met another girl named Samantha, and decided okay, I'll do things differently. I need to make a few changes to by game. We have a date this coming Sunday and I will definitely update as soon as I get back from the date.

First thing we're going to do:
    We are meeting each other at a Roller-Rink in which I've been to a lot. I figure that I need to gradually remove the touch barrier early on (this is what I failed to do last time). They have a good dj there who plays a lot of good songs. Also, I know for a fact that holding hands will occur at least for a brief moment during the day because they have couples skating (I wish hand holding will be longer than that but I guess I just need to watch body language closely).

Second thing we're going to do:
    It turns out that this place also has a batting cage near it. I figure that might be fun and I'm a decent hitter so I can show off a little bit. Of course, I'm going to ask if she wants to try it firstly.

Thirdly:
    The batting cage is right near a great park, so I figure we can just chill there/talk/possibly play on the equipment... lol.

Fourthly:
    It turns out that all of this is near a few restaurants, so I will take her out to a restaurant of the many to chose from.

So, I have many activities planned. I hope it goes well. What I failed to do last time was have many things planned in advance. I've just told her the roller-skating part.. I didn't mention any of the other activities because I want to surprise her with things to do.

I also failed the touch barrier epically. EPIC FAIL! So, I need to find a way to slowly and in a non-creepy way.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Does this sound like a good plan? All opinions are welcome.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Alcohol, lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    Alcohol, lots of it.
    That would be really bad. That would be EPIC FAIL X 2!!!! Plus, we're both driving. Alcohol just makes me tired anyway. We're not talking about a one night stand here. I actually like this person.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

It's great to have a plan. There is no bigger deal breaker than to wing it and keep asking the girl "so, what do you want to do next?" Having said that, be flexible ... if she is unenthusiastic about batting, cross it off the list and do something else (is there miniature golf nearby? ... a great 1st date activity on many levels). If she says "I'm hungry" don't say "but we have to walk in the park first!"

And don't be so quick to concede an epic fail ... if you don't hit it off, it doesn't mean you did something wrong. These things just happen sometimes for no reason at all.

Good luck.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 14-08-09 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    It's great to have a plan. There is no bigger deal breaker than to wing it and keep asking the girl "so, what do you want to do next?" Having said that, be flexible ... if she is unenthusiastic about batting, cross it off the list and do something else (is there miniature golf nearby? ... a great 1st date activity on many levels). If she says "I'm hungry" don't say "but we have to walk in the park first!"

And don't be so quick to concede an epic fail ... if you don't hit it off, it doesn't mean you did something wrong. These things just happen sometimes for no reason at all.

Good luck.

Carl.
    Thanks, Carl. And yeah I don't plan to do those things in order per say. I just made a list of possible things to do in my head. There's always room for more things and there's always room for change, no question.

Plans are meant to be broken.
    Don't expect anything.

have fun!!!!!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze View Post
    That would be really bad. That would be EPIC FAIL X 2!!!! Plus, we're both driving. Alcohol just makes me tired anyway. We're not talking about a one night stand here. I actually like this person.
    You're right. Role a few doobies.

if things are going well make sure to kiss her at the end of the evening! ;-)