+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need a Female's view

Need a Female's view

Any help appreciated guys, so don't hold back!

Ok, so me and my gf have been dating for 2 1/2 years with no real complications. I'm 19 and she's 17, and I've been driving for about a year and a half. Now in that time, I haven't had a job... at all. I've used birthday/ Christmas money and financial aid reimbursement/loan money to pay for everything. I have to pay car payments/insurance, cell phone bill, entertainment/food expenses, etc. as well as Gasoline. I'm a commuter to my college and I have been for a year(it's about 10 miles from me) and over the past 2 summers I have driven my gf to her babysitting job everyday which added up to 40 miles per day. Other than that, I have driven her anywhere she needed to be, or wanted to be for that matter for the past year and a half.

Recently, she got her first car. She used most of the money she earned over the summer and got a loan from her aunt to get one. However, today, she told me she had early dismissal from school at 1:30, but has to be back by 2:30. I suggested to come see me in that time because I only live 7ish minutes away, but she responded with "That's a waste of gas."

So, after a year and a half of driving wherever she needed or wanted to go, she can't even come see me, 7 minutes away. How should I react to this? Should I say that I think it's unfair that after driving her everywhere she won't even drive 10 minutes out of her way?

Most of the time, these issues are about something else. Sounds like your girlfriend was probably grasping for an excuse. I think you should voice how you feel, and listen closely to her response. I bet she was having a bad day.

I personally have made this remark when I really didn't feel like I had enough time, or If I wanted the person to do something else. As a woman, I've begun to really recognize how difficult it is for us to tell the whole story.
    I'm in trouble for advertising in my sig.

You should have said to her what you said here.
    Say, "After a year and a half of being your chauffer with tight funds you're being stingy?"

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, there's more to it than the gas. I'd also feel upset/ not wanted if I got that response.

She is 17... what do you expect though?