+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do people think that when I fight with a girl I like her?

Why do people think that when I fight with a girl I like her?

Why do people assume that because me and a girl fight a lot and hate each other that we are "really" in love

Just because in movies and TVs, when males and females bicker its really playful banter and they secretly love each other, doesn't mean that it works that way in real life.

Is it so hard to believe that a man and woman can fight a lot and hate each other, without there being any chemistry. No one would say that two men fight because they are secretly attracted. Just because of whats between our legs, our fights can't be real. And if she was an older woman, or unattractive, I don't think people would make the same assumptions.

I would say the one thing me and the girl have in common is that we both get pretty pissed of when others refer to us as a couple. Why do all male-female relations have to be seen through that lens?

Shes always very sarcastic and insulting around me, and I'm always trying to outmaneuver her. This is serious business not a game, and just because a girl is attractive, doesn't mean she shouldn't be ruthlessly pushed out of the road, if she won't get out of the way.

I would say our "hanging" is basically professional, it is over important crucial issues, that just happen to be wrapped around her. We argue at least 8 times a day.

Is it so hard to believe that I fight with an attractive girl, for the same reasons I'd fight with a guy? This isn't middle school. I'm not a 10 year old boy who pulls a girl's hair to let her know I like her.

Whats interesting is that you guys do have chemistry not the "Amore" kind but there is something. you both know what buttons to push on each other.

If you want to get people to stop saying that stuff i suggest you try to either ignore her.(but i doubt you can do that) or try to actually get to know her. who knows maybe you really do like her you just arent willing to admit it.

I think the proof is that when any third party suggest we like each other, both of us will actually defend each other. When people suggest I like her, she will say I don't.

Now if I liked her, when people said that she liked me, I would say it was true. SO I think thats proof.

I wouldn't spend any of my free time with her for the pleasure of her company, its only because important issues are wrapped around her.

The problem is people wont take what we say seriously if they think our disagreements are just lovebirds playfully flirting, and not serious points.