+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Maybe I'm afraid of commitment?

Maybe I'm afraid of commitment? or just scared?

I'm new to online dating and just recently met a guy online. So far it's going great and we seem to have a lot in common. He's very nice and genuine and everything checks out. I've had no red flags at all and can picture him in my life. We both have the same goals and values in life. We've been emailing back and forth daily, very detailed and long emails. We have plans to meet but due to work he won't be back in town for another couple weeks. He likes me a lot and has made that very clear. He's already talking about future plans 2-4 months from now, go so far as to booking some tickets.

I really like him and have been wanting a long-term relationship but this just all freaks me out for some reason. I think because even though it feels as if we know each other, we really just met online less than 2 weeks ago and haven't met in person. I don't know if I'm scared because it's all new to me and/or scared of commitment. I just don't want to freak myself out and ruin it all (I came close) because I really think there's potential here.
    Last edited by freem; 09-11-09 at 02:24 PM.

Go with what your heart tells you. Be cautious and hesitant, but if you've done your research, and you think there is potential, then I say try it out... and best of luck!

Give it all you got your regret it if you dont.

Don't over-think, here. Just go with whatever happens, and you can't go wrong. As long as you're comfortable, you don't have to worry about "screwing things up," because if he likes you he'll be inclined to let any potential screwing up slide if you want.
    Gangway, girls: I'll show you trouble.