+ Follow This Topic

Thread: conflicted......

conflicted......

I’ve never really…believed in love. Like, I’ve never been in love, never felt more than ordinary enjoyment of someone’s company. And lust, I suppose.
    If I had to describe it, I’d put myself as the incarnation of the Monkees song I’m a Believer.

I thought love was only true in fairy tales
    Meant for someone else but not for me.
    Love was out to get me
    That's the way it seemed.
    Disappointment haunted all my dreams.

It never bothered me, I thought it was something I would experience if the time came. But recently a close friend of mine told me a girl I’ve been friends with was crushing hard for me – but waiting on me to make the first move.
    I like her fine, I guess. I enjoy her company. But that’s the extent it stretches. If I give it a shot it could grow into more, I guess. But it seems unfair to her to seek a relationship when I don’t really know what I can offer her.
    And I don’t want to leave the issue open, in casei weaken later. A relationship right now would be convinent for me (mitigating factors) but I don’t want to just use her.
    I’m conflicted, and could use some advice. Am I just over thinking? When does like become LIKE like?

it's all in the gut, what one refers to as butterflies. If you don't get a little butterflies going on when you're around her it's probably not the right kind of attraction for you. By all means give it a whirl, but if you really don't want to get that involved with her and everything that comes with the territory don't trash the poor girls heart in the process.