+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my relationship is a mess help!

my relationship is a mess help!

i have a few probs, this maybe long so sorry lol

so im 23 almost 24 and my gf is 27 and its my best friends sister. im a jerk i know but we hit off.
    so we have been dating for the past 10 months and its kinda long distance but i drive to my home town every week and she drives here every once in a while, most of her friends and my friends are in my home town where she lives. she is a huge animal person, she always wanted a dog and when my friend showed her this dog for sale she had to have it so she bought it. well this thing is her life and wont put it down and will pay more attention to the dog then me and is constantly wondering whats the dog doing or where its at when she cant see it, and on top of that when i want her lay next to me( i guess cuddle) the dog constantly is on us and i hate it so i tell the dog to get down and she says hes ok up here and its not ok with me, i only get to see her 2 days a week so u think her time would be focused on me, and i dont think i should have to compete with the dog for her attention.

second we dont have sex much and that really bugs me i feel like i have to fight and beg for it and im in shape and i like to think of my self good looking, people say i am. she always says she is tired but will stay up another 20 30 min to watch tv or play with the dog. why cant she give me 20 30 mins of some lovin.

third she says that i crowd her or she doesnt have anytime to her self which i spend the week end at her house, i understand yea we are together all day sat and sun but i dont think that should be too big of a prob, she says she wants to spend more time with her friends, she only gets to see them on the weekends because she is too tired during the week. i my self feel like i am done with the bars and getting drunk, yea i like to have a few every couple of weeks with my buds. my focus is her besides school. im wanting to see her but she wants to slow it down she says, and then when she goes out i ask her to call me when she gets home so i know she got home safe and then i end up not getting a call wtf. she was in 2 relationships before this the first was 7 years so she kinda missed the college stage a lil bit and then left him for a less serious relationship and he did nothing but play her and she says that really tore her apart because she tired so hard to make it work and and he still played her over. she knows she has alot of issues to work out and she told me that at the start but you would think after 10 months something would have changed but really nothing has

we have talked and she say she likes me a lot but its hard to see that really
    PLEASE help im trying my hardest, should i give up or keep trying to work things out

If you're making the effort to drive and see her on the weekends, than yeah, I think she should be giving you some more attention seeing as how you are driving to see her. My ex told me she needed more time to herself as well, which just translated into her wanting to party more with her friends. Kinda like you, I was driving to see her, she never drove to see me though. Used to piss me off quite a bit. I understand where you're coming from. What you have to do is tell her how you feel, let her know that YOU drive to spend time with HER. Unless you two can come to some sort of compromise you're going to have to reevaluate what you want in a relationship, For me personally, it turned out to be the beginning of a deal breaker between me and my ex. If I'm driving 2 hours a week to spend time with some one, damn-it I don't wanna get blown off when I get there.

To some you may come off as needy I guess, but in a LDR I feel like time together is very precious and means a lot more that just in a regular relationship. So, have that talk, let her know how you feel and go from there.