+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My relationship is a complete mess tbh, i really need some outside advice.

My relationship is a complete mess tbh, i really need some outside advice.

Hey,
    Right well i dont really know where to start....

I've been with my bf for about 3 months now, and we only get to see eachother friday til monday because he's in uni away from where i live.

But when im at home, we have silly little arguments all the time, its pathetic about nothing, and usually its my fault

I get really really upset all of the time and i constantly find myself feeling really lonely and thinking maybe its not even worth it, i've been in relationships before where its been like this, but the difference is i never even loved any of them, i can officially say i am totally in love with my boyfriend, but i dont even know if thats a good thing atm, because its doing nothing but hurting me.

Sometimes i just think i'm over-reacting and i'll speak to him for a bit and it'll be fine, but then when i'm by myself again with just my own thoughts i just over think everything and get into a mess.

I'd really appriciate anyone who bothers to actually read this and trys to offer some sort of solution, because atm, i'm just stuck in the worst place ever.

If we had to break up i'd be completely devestated.

I know we've only been together a little while but its totally amazing when we're together and it is something really special, just not that special when im at home :/

Thankyou anyway,
    Stephh xo

You'll probably get more people to read your post if you make it a less disgusting shade of pink.

Seriously, if you love him why do you argue all the time? If I were you, maybe you need to step into his shoes when you're arguing and try to see his point of view instead of yours, and work on making your relationship better by that. I know it's hard, but sometimes you need to not be stubborn and stop to think why you were in that fight in the first place. Good luck.
    To reminisce won't bring you back, just look ahead and hold on tight.

"But when im at home, we have silly little arguments all the time, its pathetic about nothing, and usually its my fault"

so its your fault and you want to break up? are you retarded?

This is sort of confusing to read... but what it sounds like is you need some time by yourself to learn to enjoy your own company. You're projecting all your neurosis onto your BF's which is going to continue ruining any relationships you get into.
    Keep your love life off Facebook, don't cheat, it's never too soon to make a move on a woman you like.

my eyes are burning.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I actually quite like the pink...

Anyway... first of all you ONLY see him Fri-Mon? Thats an ideal amount to see someone to start with. You dont want to go into overkill and see each other every day, slow down a little. Right now it sounds ideal. You see each other enough to stop making it too difficult and keep it fresh, but dont see each other too much to stop it turning dull.

Secondly as mentioned before your post is confusing. You love him loads but you argue and its your fault. Therefore its something you have to fix within yourself. Could be insecurities coming out a little, could be that you arent actually as suited as you might think, could be loads of things.

Learn to occupy yourself with hobbies and friends because it could be that your putting all your eggs in one basket a bit.

Forget it. I'm not reading that pink shit.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by mrtdg82 View Post
    I actually quite like the pink...

Anyway... first of all you ONLY see him Fri-Mon? Thats an ideal amount to see someone to start with. You dont want to go into overkill and see each other every day, slow down a little. Right now it sounds ideal. You see each other enough to stop making it too difficult and keep it fresh, but dont see each other too much to stop it turning dull.

Not exactly. He has to make the haul every weekend to see her, taking away from possibly his fun time with his buddies and his schoolwork he needs to get done. This could be causing him to be passive aggressive with you or always annoyed and be nitpicking you

Secondly as mentioned before your post is confusing. You love him loads but you argue and its your fault. Therefore its something you have to fix within yourself. Could be insecurities coming out a little, could be that you arent actually as suited as you might think, could be loads of things.

Learn to occupy yourself with hobbies and friends because it could be that your putting all your eggs in one basket a bit.

Could you give us examples of things that you fight about that's supposedly your fault? This could be you going with your gut feeling on some things and he is not respecting your feelings. This could be him emotionally abusing you. Or this could be your insecurity. We would need some more details.

Don't forget that being in a relationship that you feel you need (you can't break up with him because you would be devastated) is the WRONG reason to stay in something that doesn't make you happy. It will continue to get worse unless some things are solved. And even if you try and he doesn't, it will still get worse.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.