+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does my ex boyfriend still likes me? what does he want from me?

does my ex boyfriend still likes me? what does he want from me?

i have posted here before, about the horribly inhuman treatment my ex boyfriend dished me after our break up. we broke up in oct 2009, and it was only till jan 10th, was i able to stop all contacts with him.

I stopped texting him, calling him, looking him up. Just say I grew a spine. And i ignored all his tries to contact me flatly, because honestly I hated him in the beginning for lying to me, and hurting me over and over again. and besides that, i had the feeling that he took me as a doormat. he would only turn to me when there's noone else there for him. so yeah I stopped contacting him in beginning of Jan 2010.

but after only a week he started to message me. i ignored. 2 weeks later he messaged me again, and I ignored again too. I did not want to have anything to do with him, for fear of getting hurt again. i was trying really hard to move on, so i saw no point in him trying to ruin my peace. besides he got a girlfriend too at that point of time. though i suspect he wasn't contented with his relationship, because he and that girl had broken up 5 times in a short span of one month by the last time he contacted me.

so i got my brother to talk to my ex boyfriend, and asked him what exactly he wanted and to stop disrupting my life. i was reading the whole conversation throughout the whole time he was typing on msn. what he said shocked me deeply. he told my brother he would stop contacting me so as not to hurt me again. and he mentioned a lot of memories that he and I shared. he toldmy brother he would do anything to turn back time and spend everyday with me just like last time when we were together. the whole conversation was pretty emotional [on his side]. turned out he missed me a lot, and still liked me [a bit] according to his words. but he told my brother not to show me whatever he said-.- but everything he said certainly touched my heart and i cried cause i realized i missed him a lot. we were together for 1 year after all.

who knows. the next day he patched up with that girl again.

recently, a friend of his added me up on facebook and msn, out of interest. he is 'wooing' me now.when i asked about my ex, being talkative, he told me alot of stuff that my ex boyfriend told him. he even showed me some past messages, with similar content: my ex boyfriend misses me, and keeps reminiscing about our past. and he wants me back. but doesn't want to do anything about it. he even told his friend that to him, i am a perfect wife material, and being with me was the best thing ever. and that he still likes me [a little] his friend says my ex would tell him about our sweet memories for hours on end lol.

he also told his friend that he had considered patching up with me loads of times, but he had 2 reservations. one was that he doesn't want to mess up my life. another was that he was too ego to ask me to be his girlfriend again, and much as he wanted me to be his wife, he was too ego cause I am after all his first girlfriend, and he thinks it's 'uncool' to have first girlfriend as wife. and he thinks as a guy, he should have super pretty and hot girlfriend-_-

alot of my friends also told me that they think he still likes me. even his friend and brother thinks so too.

recently, me and him got into contact again too. he contacted me and i think i have forgiven him.

so i showed my ex boyfriend those messages. he did not deny but he claimed that he was joking only, and that he doesn't like me etc. since his friend added me on msn and facebook, he has been telling his friend that he doesn't like me. a complete different story from last time.

i am very confused.
    and would really want to know what exactly is he thinking about.
    because I think I am ready to accept him again if he still likes me.

can someone please advice me on what to do?
    and is there a possibility that he still likes me?
    Last edited by poopsun84; 23-02-10 at 08:46 PM.

lhn is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    How old are both of you out of interest?
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    jeez i turn every argument round on a man, why take the blame if hes stupid enough to let you blame him about something totally different

Quote Originally Posted by lhn View Post
    How old are both of you out of interest?
    i am 17, he's 19

Jesus Christ! Let me start off by saying that I'm a man. Ok..... Just to be clear about this: Get the hell away from this guy! There are SOOOO many reasons. I suspect that you know them all, but are simply letting your emotions get the best of you. If you went through such hell the first time, expect the same if you two get back together. All of the talk about how much he missed you, and how great you were could have been said just to save face in front of those other people and to garner sympathy. Also he ADMITS that he would screw your life up:
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsun84
    he also told his friend that he had considered patching up with me loads of times, but he had 2 reservations. one was that he doesn't want to mess up my life.
    Both of you know that he'll screw your life up again, so don't do yourself the injustice of going back to him. You also mentioned that he pretty much used you as a doormat. Do you know what doormats do? Do you know what people like him expect doormats to do? Yes, that's right, they expect them to come back. Don't be a doormat if you really don't want to be one. The fact that this guy denied liking you to your face further speaks to this fact. How does it look if you forgive, and then go back to a guy who treated you so wrong even while he denies liking you? Yes a doormat would do that. Don't go back to him. Don't allow ignorant abusive guys like this to have the satisfaction of still 'getting the girl' when they deserve nothing less than being alone until they mature and learn how to treat women.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...