+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I grow attached too quickly

I grow attached too quickly

Hi,

I am posting this in the broken hearts section as really I am hurting over a peculiar issue.

See I get attached to people on this forum.

Just like in the real word there are a few people that I single out because of their character or opinion. I get used to havingthem around and even though I don't know them outside of the forum it does hurt when they stop visiting the forum.

Am I stupidly sentimental?

I know what you'll say: why don't you keep a relationship with them by email or phone. But I do enjoy being part of a community. That's what I like about interacting with you all.

I am down 2 special people I really liked: Lhn and Doc Durian (although this last one I did not fully understand all he said...).

Do you get this or do you just go with the flow???
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

I get attached to people here too, within reason. This is an unusual circumstance. We share some things here that we only tell our closest friends IRL, you know?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    I am down 2 special people I really liked: Lhn and Doc Durian (although this last one I did not fully understand all he said...).
    I don't think anyone really understands all Doc Durian says, he speaks weird very often. Anyway, I think he is still around, just with other user.

As for getting attached to people on forums, I think it's normal, I don't get very attached to most people in real life because I barely talk to them, but I do get attached to people in forums and such when I get to know them.

I wouldn't say I'm "attached" to anyone in particular. There are definitely people who's post I am drawn to more so than others...mostly people who interact with me back I'd say. There are times when I notice if someone has posted in awhile.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I have this problem in real life when dating. If I feel even the slightest bit of chemistry I am ready to go right into full on dating. I think this has in part led to the problems in my last relationship. We had massive chemistry... so I took the leap before I looked.

When it comes to people I have met online... I guess there have been a couple times I could say I grew attached too quickly and too strongly. For me my rush for friendship, intimacy, or a relationship is based in my loneliness. That is why I am at the moment trying to just become more secure and comfortable with just being single and alone. Am thinking if I can do that, perhaps it will make me less needy in my future dating, and allow me to take the dating relationships much more slowly and give me the time to see the relationship for what it is... good or bad.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i am attached to a lot of people here
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Miso and Illusional are my best buddies here Actually Illusional is with me since my very first thread Of course he talked to me cause I posted my sexy pics but hahahahahah it's Chad Chad is Chad :p
    I wazzzz here

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I missed Indi.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh didn't notice her gone.Where is Indi, that annoying walking piece of wisdom?
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post
    Hi,

I am posting this in the broken hearts section as really I am hurting over a peculiar issue.

See I get attached to people on this forum.

Just like in the real word there are a few people that I single out because of their character or opinion. I get used to havingthem around and even though I don't know them outside of the forum it does hurt when they stop visiting the forum.

Am I stupidly sentimental?

I know what you'll say: why don't you keep a relationship with them by email or phone. But I do enjoy being part of a community. That's what I like about interacting with you all.

Do you get this or do you just go with the flow???
    I'm definitely surprised by even myself the amount of time I spend coming to this when I never, ever thought in my life I'd be on a forum or a blog. I always thought it was stupid and nerdy reserved for those living in their parents basement living off of Hot Pockets and Vitamin D supplements. Too cliche? Too soon?

I don't think it's weird at all. I've given my email/AIM to a few people and I find myself talking to them more so than people I can meet and talk to in my real life. Maybe I'm just getting sucked into the virtual universe. Who knows.

I'm no lhn or Doc that's for sure. If it's any consolation, I enjoy reading your posts and having you around. If it makes you feel any better!
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.