+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Still friends with an ex

Still friends with an ex

Ok so im on the phone with one of my friends and she is having relationship troubles. she dont have access to the internet at the moment so that's why Im writing this for her. She met this guy a while back and they started talking than they went there own ways and only talked on occassion. Well he was talking to this other girl as well and him and this girl made it official that they were together so my friend tells him that she is happy for him but then he started calling her and sayin i need help or advice on this girl. She says that in the situation that he is under and his job that she personally doesnt feel like she is a good fit for him. He said ok and didnt talk to her for 3 days than he comes back and says hey im single again. She said what happened. He said you were right she could get me in trouble with the stuff that she does and I broke up with her for you. She never asked him to break up with her for her. lol. But now he really wants to be with my friend but he still talks to this girl that wasnt right for him and she cant help but to get frustrated with it. Because apparently this girl told him the other day that she still cares for him and etc but she doesnt know how to tell him that she dont feel comfortable with him talking to her knowing that this girl wants him back and my friend really does care for him as well. What should she do??

Your friend must like being 'second best'.

If I was chatting to some guy and he chose to date another woman over me, then he later returned and said I've dumped her for you, I'd tell him to get lost.
    NO WAY, would I ever be a 'back up' or a 'second best'....and that is how I'd feel with this guy!

He's a player who obviously doesn't know what he wants. He was probably trying to maintain some kind of emotional control over your friend by turning to her for advice, that way he could use her as a back-up when his relationship failed.

In my experience, don't ever get back with ex-boyfriends; it usually ends up worse than the first time around.

I wouldn't go as far as the others, but his intentions are unclear. If she really likes him I would recommend for her to tell him to come back when he knows what he wants.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Is your 'friend' just you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!

Oh god no it's not me. It's my best friend who I was sitting and talking to on the phone and it was the day that I first signed up for this site and was like HEY ILL SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLES ADVICES ARE ON IT. So I posted it for her cause she dont have any computer or laptop or anything. Thank you to everyone who had given all the advice to help my friend out. I just told her everythign you all said and she said thank you as well and that she is going to back off and see what he really does.