+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving into the same Apt. Complex as a Girl I dated

Moving into the same Apt. Complex as a Girl I dated

Hey all, I have a unique situation I would like some advice on....

I went out on two dates with a girl I met through online dating. We hit it off very well and had an awesome first date and a good follow-up second date dinner.

She was moving to a closer area to me as well, I even offered to help her move and she seemed excited at the prospect. I told her I was in the process of moving as well.

I went to the beach the following weekend and she was very text heavy on me and asking me to call her. She was calling me "babe", "sweetie", all this stuff. Told me that she told her friends about our two dates and that they were excited for her and that she should continue dating me. All very good signs.

Stupidly, I responded to most of her texts and did talk to her at length 2-3 times while I was at the beach. I realize now that this was a mistake and possibly led to her losing some interest or whatever.

She stopped contacting me earlier this week, I got the sense that maybe she perhaps lost some interest which is a shame because we hit it off very well and I wanted to continue dating her. I knew she was moving this weekend and left her a voicemail which she has not yet responded to. She has not texted me either.

Ironically now, I'm moving into the same apartment complex as her. I'm 100% sure because she told me the name of it on our dates (though I didn't mention it to her that I was moving there as well) and when I was visiting the place with my future roommate this weekend, her car was there along with a moving truck.

I will be moving into this complex at the end of June. Her apartment is actually about a block away from mine and with the ways the roads are around it, there is no doubt we will bump into each other.

So my question is, how do you think I should proceed? I believe she stopped contacting me because either she was so busy and stressed from moving, we were talking too much early on, she might have got scared, or perhaps she even met someone else...I don't know. I would like to try and get ahold of her to at least talk or go on another date. But if not, we are becoming neighbors regardless and what would be a good, non-creepy way of letting her know I'm a few steps away? If anything, maybe we can be friends.

Just tell her that you want to be friends and hang out

Well, of course...I agree with that.

But she has ignored my past phone call, I might call her again this week...if that is also ignored then I have no doubt she is playing the "ignore him until he goes away" card for whatever reason. Because after two dates which went really well, she went hot-to-cold extremely fast.

So then by the end of the month, I will be at the apartment complex. What's the best way I can comfortably contact her that won't weird her out? Or if I get ignored via the phone calls should I just perhaps wait until we bump into each other at the apartment complex?

Or maybe she has simply found somebody else. I would leave it. If you happen to bump into her then keep it basic with a simple hello and then be on you way, don't hang around trying to keep the convo going.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Love is like a merry-go-round: you get all dizzy, and then you feel sick!