+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm 2 beers deep and headed for more. Please give me input

I'm 2 beers deep and headed for more. Please give me input

I'm an incredibly rational man. I pride myself on logic and have an annoying propensity (even to me) for always being right...especially when I want to be wrong. Here's my situation. I work with a woman who is interested. We both are. We've all but said it to one another. Here's the situation. There's another guy whom has been playing the "friend" card, just to ttry to get with her. I think they spent the weekend with some other friends and I have the feeling they hooked up. His facebook status changed from "single" to "it's complicated". I know deep down something happened (although I have never been more ready to be proven wrong). She acts the same and I know that he would never be a long term anything. Hell, it may just have been a drunken mistake. Regardless, I feel compelled to ask her about it and had the intention, at least until the point that I found out something may have happened, of telling her how I feel tomorrow. Now I don't know what to do. I know I want to flat out ask her if something happened, because at least I would know. I'm not afraid of the answer, but I am afraid of what it could mean. If she hooked up with him, even for a weekend, I would want nothing to do with her. The feelings she seems to convey for me seem genuine and I know that we could be amazing, but how could she feel one way and do something else? Am I overreacting or is this a viable argument?

To me, it sounds like you are being overly protective and jealous of her.

Right now, you both are only interested in each other. and can choose to sleep with who ever you want. You don't have an authority on who she can sleep with. If you were in a relationship, and took things to the next level, then yes, you would be in the right.

Why are you not together yet if you are both interested if you don't mind my asking?
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.