+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend's Sister, help please

Girlfriend's Sister, help please

So here it is...............

I've been with my current girlfriend for 8 years now (we're both 27). I love her to bits and she's the kindest most caring person in the world. Problem is that the spark has been missing from our relationship for the past year or so, sex has pretty much dwindled away to nothing. I still think she's beautiful but we just don't 'fancy' each other anymore. We still cuddle most nights, rarely argue and still get on great but I think deep down we both know that our relationship wont last forever.

So here's the problem. She has a younger sister (26 years old). I've always thought she's a very attractive girl with similar personality to my girlfriend but never really thought about her in a loving way. A couple of months ago the 3 of us went away on holiday and I found myself really getting to know her sister better. Each night, after a few drinks we both got really chatty and I could definately feel a connection between us, nothing sexual happened but I feel the butterflies in my stomach each time we talk and I'm pretty sure she feels the same way.

Since I've been with my current girlfriend I've never once cheated or even felt the need to, but this is different and is driving my crazy, I cant think about anything else. I've waited 2 months before posting this to see if it was just some phase I was going through but I keep waking each morning thinking of her sister.

Shortly after we got back from the holiday my girlfriend told me to "stop flirting with my sister" and off the cuff even said "go out with my sister then, see if i care"

Even if my girlfriend gave her blessing (very doubtful!?) that it was ok that see her sister, its a pretty weird situation.

What do I do?

Keep quiet, hope my feelings disappear and the spark comes back with my current girlfriend?
    Break up with my girlfriend for having unfaithful feelings?
    Tell the sister how I feel?
    Tell my girlfriend how I feel?
    Run away forever and see neither again!

I know I'm being selfish but the heart works in mysterious ways and I cant help it, I need to be with her.

Any help is appreciated so I can try and sort this out.

Thanks

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Trust me when I say "go out with my sister see if I care" was NOT a blessing. Consider that the dare of death. If you go- hell will break out. She's testing you.

Rekindle the spark before you venture elsewhere. Have you BOTH done your part to help rekindle this relationship? Do the things you did when you first fell in love. Go out together- make is special fun, dress up- treat her like you did when you dated her. Woo her. Encourage her to do the things she did when you started to fancy her. Dress up, be sexy treat you like a real man... that sort of thing. You're looking elsewhere because your gf and the relationship is lacking and for no other reason.

Work on rekindling the spark in your relationship, I believe you will get great things from it. You should feel blessed that you have the chance to work on it and not just get broken up with, not allowing you to work on things at all
    You never know what you've got, until it's gone...

DUDE, don't even think about it! That's a fing death wish. 8 years is a long time and I woulnd't let that relationship slip away without a fight.

If the sister has any sense of family loyalty, you won't even get a chance with her.

The last men I would ever consider, are my sisters partners, either current or ex partners.

Stay with your current girlfriend. If you started dating her sister, things will go wrong. If you stay with your girlfriend, no feelings will be hurt.

I like the run away forever idea

If you slept with them both at the same time, that would make one hell of a story.

The guy obviously thinks he's Don Juan.

Why not have the mum as well, while you are on.

Hmmm... In my opinion you just have to forget about the sister! I mean that it wont work out... they are sisters after all...

You said : "Shortly after we got back from the holiday my girlfriend told me to "stop flirting with my sister" and off the cuff even said "go out with my sister then, see if i care"" - I would say the same if I'm hurt. And I would say it just to test my boyfriend's feeling. You're hurting the poor girl! Stop flirting with her sister!!! You have two options:
    1 - Stay away from her sister!!
    2- "Run away forever and see neither again!"

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post

Now that would be impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post

This made me have the biggest damn grin...