+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there still a chance for this to work?

Is there still a chance for this to work?

Almost a year ago I got romantically involved with a very close friend. At the time we shared a house and worked together. His feelings for me resulted in his ending a long term relationship. His ex also worked in the same building so it was very intense and chaotic from the beginning. Lots of to-ing and fro-ing between being together, giving each other space and being in some sort of limbo between friends and a couple. He wanted to wait until Id finished working there before getting into a more serious thing.

It was killing me being so close to him and continually being asked to wait so I said I didn’t want to do it anymore. We had a big fight and agreed to leave each other alone. We spoke a few days ago and its clear we are both angry with each other for various reasons but theres still strong feelings on both sides. I have two months to finish my graduate thesis and I will be going on a long holiday after that. I feel very strongly about him and hope there’s still a chance for us to get back on track but at the moment I know I need to concentrate on my work and dont even know how we could go about developing something healthy after all the drama.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed with this?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Talk it out. Its all you can do. If you can't manage that amount of honesty as friends, a romantic relationship would never work out anyway.

Good luck.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Thanks for the reply. We talked it out the last time we spoke but emotions are still running pretty high. He removed me on facebook when we agreed to leave each other alone and said it was because he was looking at my page too often. I dont want to crowd him if he's still uncomfortable being in contact. And theres also the issue that I need to concentrate on my thesis and avoid getting into more potential drama.