+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl wants to take it slow, like her would like some clarity --- help

Girl wants to take it slow, like her would like some clarity --- help

Within the last two weeks I started hanging out with this girl, which would perhaps constitute going on a few dates. About 8 months ago she got out of a long term relationship (of 4 years), as did I of 1.5 years about 3 months ago. We’re both in our mid/late 20s.

2 months ago she moved to the area I’m living now, and we had a few amazing times out. The first time we went out she told me how much she liked me/was into me but also wanted to take things slow. This most recent time we went out this week she again stated how she wanted to take things slow and how her priority was first getting her life back in order from just moving and adapting to a normal routine of things she wanted to do, work, etc., but also while still having fun.

Things are great but I worry about what will become and if she is leading me on. We’ve fairly intimate in the touching/kissing sense and she makes a few jokes at times about couples and what we may be.

Understandably she got out of a long-term relationship and may want to take things as they come for fear of getting hurt (guessing), as well as adapt to her new surroundings. How do I come across as the guy that wants to be with her, without smother her or like she is simply “using” me?

I think she is saying she wants to hold off on jumping into anything intimate with you maybe. I'm not sure what she'd be using you for unless you are paying for everything all the time or you think she is just using you as something to pass her time until something better comes along. It doesn't really seem that way if you two seem to mesh and have been affectionate on some level. I think really she just wants to not rush from one major relationship to another and thats ok. At least she's being upfront with you. If you two had been hanging out for several months and she wasn't willing to commit, then I'd worry. Not at this point.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?