+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it time to call it quit?

Is it time to call it quit?

About 14 months ago, me and my girlfriend (who is now my ex) were very much in love. about 6 months later, 2 ppl that are very close to her died and it devastated her. Our relationship was having very tough bumps every now and then since but her feeling for me didn't change at all.

Then, 2 months ago, she decided to break up with me because she wants to focus on getting over the death of those two ppl. now, she still call me 2-3 times a week and we talk for about 45 minutes average and she even agrees for me to come see her. But, I can sense that she is slowly losing a love interest in me.

My question is, base on her action do you think its possible for us to get back together after she has her emotions worked out or is it time for me to call it quit and move on?

Maybe just respect what she wants right now - which is to come to terms with both losses
    and just give it time, but every now and again you can let her know you still have strong
    feelings for her and maybe when she's ready to be in a relationship she could get back with you.
    I'm sure she's not losing love for you it is probably just because she's got other things to think
    about at the moment, all I can say is the more you try help her out and understand her your relationship
    now will be on a good level enough for it to revolve into a romantic relationship again.

Sapphire x

If she is still calling you and wanting to see you then I would think there are still feelings there... give her as much time as you can but dont wait forever. At some point, that becomes unfair to you.

There is a thing called 'emotionally unavailable'. She isn't looking for a relationship right now. Even if you are the right one for her, she wouldn't know it. What she is doing right now is grieving. Different people take different amounts of time. You might be sitting there for a long long time while waiting for her to heal, and then MAYBE she might look at you and decide you are date worthy. Lots of investiment for a MAYBE a date. Just be her friend and keep a little bit of a distance so you can have a life, while she figures out what she wants/needs to do.

"I'm sure she's not losing love for you it is probably just because she's got other things to think about at the moment"

as much as i wanna believe that, it feels more like she's starting to see me as one of her girlfriends rather than a potential partner. I am the guy she calls when she wants to complain about something, when she's in need of a friendly company etc... The close friendship that lied within our relationship is still there, just seem like the attraction is gone for her.

I do respect her wishes and have never done or act any way that might implies me wanting her back. But, a few days ago, we were talking and we agreed to get the uncomfortable discussions off our chests to cut some tension. She told me she's not completely over me yet and i feel the same abt her. we then started laughing abt stuff and she made a joke abt my personality to which i replied "is that why u were so into me?" to jokingly insult her back. she got so disgusted by my comment that she threatened to stop talking to me if i keep bringing up the sweet things she used to say to me when we were flirting back then. Why would she dislike hearing about the past that badly??
    Last edited by Drashou; 29-10-10 at 10:37 AM.