+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need some input on what to think....thank you in advance!

need some input on what to think....thank you in advance!

hello all! I'm a 23 year old woman and need some advice on how to proceed!
    I met this really nice 30 year old guy Friday night.....we really hit it off and talked non-stop for hours! we hung out at a bar all night, it wasn't trashy or anything, just a lot of fun!
    he texted me the next day saying he had a nice time etc, and then the following day he texted me yet again asking if me if I would like to join him for dinner some night this week....
    in the past few days I've suggested some nights to meet up for dinner, and he texted me this morning saying he wouldn't be able to meet up this week after all....he included the words "unfortunately" and a sad face haha, but I'm nervous that he might not be interested in me anymore!?
    He is a busy man as a I understand....
    but I don't know what to think? any thoughts? I really feel like we have some potential! I don't want to give up on this!
    thank you so much!

Men who like you are never too busy for you IMO - they will always make time for you and particularly in the early days. I could cringe and everytime I hear a woman make excuses for a man and say 'He's busy'.....

You feel like this has the potential to go somewhere - after ONE date? I think you'd have to have quite a few dates with him and get to know him better than that and to know if there is more there. All men are on their best behaviour and on the first date - true colours don't tend to shine through until further down the line.

IMO and the fact he cancelled, would be my first red flag.

However, I wouldn't give up on him quite yet. I'd just sit back, see if he came to me (I wouldn't text or call him) and if he called I'd let him be the one to arrange a next meeting....which he will if he likes you.

if a 30-yr old guy has enough game to pull a 23-yr old girl, then he's probably talking to a few women