+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some advice about a situation I am in

Need some advice about a situation I am in

Okay, I will try to be short but also detailed and I will get right on with it. There's this girl at the place I work at(very big big big place with thousands of employees), and at first I just talked to her on the phone doing my work. Then about a week later, I stumbled across her room where I had to do some work, it involved me having to wait for something and its then we really started talking. We talked about her past relationship, her house, holidays, my house, what I do, it was a little chat that lasted for like 40 minutes, a very close and more personal conversation about things people normally don't talk about when they first meet.

Okay then a few days later, I sent her an email that I had to think about her while I was drinking my tea(I made a comment that I never drank lime tea when I was talking to her, and that day I drank it again). To that she responded she had forgotten her lime tea and that it was cold in her house . To that I sent her an email in which I made a little pun about that surely she had someone to keep her warm, she responded that there was no such person(with a smiley attached). In that same email she asked me if I went on vacation that past week(cuz it was like all hallows, and we normally get a week off then). I sent her an email back telling her I made a city trip, still a very casual reply.

Then a week later I had to do some work in a room across of her room, and she saw me, I already knew she was working on some paper, and she walked over to me showing me her finished work, and we talked again for like 20-25 minutes, in that same conversation I mentioned to her that I too was a writer of sorts. She asked me what I wrote about, to that I replied 'I write about people and how they think and what they are', I told her I had good people skills and that I could figure out most people after only talking to them shortly. Then she asked me to write something about her, I did that and I made a very good piece which she obviously liked and she told me that I was very close to the truth. Then she asked me if I ever wrote something like that about myself, I said 'nah, I never write about myself cuz it would not be truthful and I'd just be bragging, and I kinda told her that maybe it was better if she found out for herself over a cup of coffee.

After a day or two I received an email from her stating that she wanted to start this exploration of my character, and normally we would have had a cup of coffee past friday but she was at home that day and arrived at work very late in the afternoon. When she arrived she sent me an email saying that she did not feel quite like herself and that her mood was not the way it should have been, so she asked me to have this cup of coffee sometime this week. Its now tuesday and she hasn't mailed me yet with a new date for when she wants to take a cup of coffee with me.

My question now is as follows, is this girl into me, does she fancy me or am I just seeing things. This girl to me is like one in a million and she moves my heart in ways she cannot even begin to comprehend, this waiting is a real pain How I'd love to just love her, please women of this forum, let me see the light and advise me what to do.

I thank you from the bottom of my very big and gentle heart,

thnx for reading!
    Last edited by Paradox; 24-11-10 at 04:59 AM.

I don't know if she likes you, but it certainly seems promising. Don't wait for her to set things up. Ask her out for that cup of coffee on a specific time and date. If she says no, then ask when a good time for her is. If she doesn't give you a concrete answer, then let it go. But seriously, don't wait for her. She's probably also wondering why you haven't mailed her about the date.

Thnx for your reply, first of all, I don't want to come across as too upfront and desperate, second of all, I sent her an email fridaymorning stating that I could leave work earlier and that around 5 o'clock would suit me fine, its on that email that she replied to me that she just arrived at work and that she wasn't feeling all too well. So I definitely made that move already stating a time and date, its then that she suggested that we should do it sometime next week. I also said in that same email that I was looking forward to hearing when she was better(so there i already laid the ball in her court, and I am still waiting to hear from her). I really don't want to let her slip through my fingers, would be a sad shame Are you saying I should still go ahead and suggest a new time and day?

And why do you think it looks promising?