+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I really like this girl I work with, but am at a total loss what to do next.

I really like this girl I work with, but am at a total loss what to do next.

I started a new job recently and I met this girl. We sort of had an instant attraction, we'd spend evenings at work (when there wasn't much to do) just talking and joking. We eventually got to the point where we were having in-depth philosophical discussions and talking about each other's opinions. She'd always come over and sit next to me (quite closely) when I was showing her things on the computer and there'd be a lot of giggling. We had an amazing amount in common. Anyway, I decided to ask her out for a drink. When I did this, she said that she had some Uni work to do on Saturday night, but she might get it finished before. So I suggested that if she couldn't make it, we could go out after pay day. she smiled, but didn't suggest a date or anything and went to catch her bus. So I took this as a no...
    Anyway, she came to work on the Saturday, when I was also working. I acted normally and so did she and I decided not to mention anything about going out because I like her as a person and if I couldn't go out with her I'd like to be friends. I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable at work. About half way through the day, she just stopped talking to me... I know I didn't do or say anything to annoy her... This lasted for about a week and a half. She just seemed very depressed, but only when I was around. When I asked her what was wrong, she would reply "nothing..." or "I don't like working on a Sunday... And other things.."
    She then posted something on Twitter which said "a perfect man and woman cannot be together, because she does not agree at first and he does not ask twice..."
    Obviously, I didn't know if this was referring to me or not, but I wanted to talk to her and find out. I just couldn't get her to spend any time alone with me to do this. My gut feeling is that we both had really strong feelings for each other very suddenly. But then, I very rarely trust my gut... At the work Christmas party, she spent all evening talking to other friends... But I still caught her looking at me a lot.
    Now, she is talking to me again. It happened suddenly. She just came in one day and was friendly again. I wouldn't say she is as friendly as before, but we are still having long discussions...
    I am totally confused as to what to do next. I really like her a lot and it's killing me that I can't do anything.

Any opinions/advice?

WHAT? You didn't get what she was saying? are you that blind? She IS talking about you you idiot. She's waiting for you to ask her out again. She's one of those types that expects the guy to pursue her to prove that you like her....ya have to make better effort dude. Just a warning tho, these type of girls tend to expect you to know what you are doing in bed as well so I hope you have done all your reading on "G-spot" stimulation, or at least know good oral.

Yeah she wants you to do all the chasing. Ask her out again