+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he trying to take our relationship to the next level...

Is he trying to take our relationship to the next level...

We have been together for about 5 months now. We have always had a good relationship, we communicate a lot and see each other when we can, we both work and go to school, so sometimes its hard. He is 24 and iam 21, we both are in college and work at the same place..yet we still have trouble seeing each other a lot due to conflicting schedules =/ He all of a sudden, wants to get professional photos done of us, he wants us to take dance lessons together. He texts me things like My heart is pounding just thinking of you, You make my heart melt, stuff like that. I feel like all of a sudden he is very serious with me...

Dont get me wrong, we have been "romantic" to each other but sometimes I am like wow, where did that come from. He told me to listen to this song that he hears a lot and always thinks of me..Its called "Only one in color" by th Trapt. Its such a beautiful song. He is doing all of this random stuff all of a sudden. What do you guys think, is he trying to take our relationship to another level, or he just trying to be nice and keep me happy.At one point I wondered if it was just about sex, because we have been together almost 5 months now and we just recenly had sex for the first time with each other. We wanted to wait a bit into our relationship before we made love. I figured if his motives were about sex, now that we have done it, he would be colder but if anything I feel he has become more romantic.

What do you guys think--He just started doing all of this so out of the blue--that I am kinda curious why all of a sudden he is acting this way...

I'm gonna guess that he's starting to develop some serious feelings about you. Maybe he has difficulty saying it, a lot of men do - we've been socialized to not display strong emotions except rage.

Try asking.

He is totally serious about you, and sees you in his long-term future.
    He is picturing you guys as a real permanent couple. This is definitely the next step.
    I'm really happy for you guys.

Because of the fact he wants professional photos done, is why I'm thinking he may be serious about you.

As for the rest...I've had a guy do and act the same way with me. He'd sing love songs to me down the phone, dedicate songs to me, tell me he'd never let me go, he called just to hear my voice, etc, etc. Was he looking to take it to the next level...uhm nope. He said he wasn't looking for a relationship.

Mind you, the same guy still keeps in touch and sex aint involved here. Think he was right that he's never gonna let me go...it's been 3 years, pmsl
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 27-01-11 at 08:41 AM.

While I agree he is developing some serious feelings for you, I'd also say approach with caution. You said you've only been together for 5 months? Wait until the honey-moon phase of relationships passes over and see if he's still serious. Some people can get caught up with their emotions and promise the world. It's still early, take your time and be patient.
    Love and Inspiration - www.loveninspiration.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-and-Inspiration/182247438490558

Professional photos, dance lessons, song picked out....sounds like he's planning a wedding.