+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Taking a Break

Taking a Break

This is actually my first day registering for this website and am i glad i found this place.

My girlfriend (21) and I(22) have been dating for over two years now. Before us she was in a 5 year relationship, but believe me I am no rebound. To her everything and anything she had in the past is nowhere near what I am to her (everything). You know how it goes we plan on getting married, i gave her a promise ring and each and everyday she reminds me that I am all she wants.

So, unfortunately we have been fighting quite a bit recently and it seems as it its hard to get on the same track we were before. When everything was smooth, and came easy. Our love is not a question what so ever.

Just today we decided we were going to take a brake, sadly on February 14th, after we spend another amazing night together. Her reason behind why she needs a break is basically because she feels like she needs a bit of time to get out of our arguing ways which have been a big problem.

She says that she has absolutely no intentions of even speaking to other guys or anything of that sort, and knowing her she is 100% truthful. She just believes there is something wrong, and its in her, and ultimately time will fix that.

Instead of putting up a fuss i agreed to this break, because I have noticed a change in our relationship that just is not us, and I will do anything to get that back.

I am kind of trying to vent here while at the same time putting this our there for any advice.. What do you think? I truly believe that there is nobody else out there for me..and she claims the same. I know this break has nothing to do with other people, and thats not what i'm worried about.

I just want everything to be alright with us..Because when things are going well, nothing else matters, and nothing else gives me the feelings we get from on another.

Is there anything I can do to help this process? Any advice on how to reduce arguing, or improve optimism? it just seems that the only reason we are taking a break is because things have been on the negative side lately, and they need to get right..

Breaks almost always lead to break-ups because nobody is working on the problems and they won't fix themselves. So why all the fights?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're not telling us the biggest part. Why you fighting?

we fight because of the most stupid things..for instance all night we will have gone out and had a great time, but when drinkings involved we may be on our way home and just by the way one of us might say something in the wrong way and it gets blown way out of proportion.

I don't really know how to explain it all. But i really do believe that with time it can be healed. She truly is the one for me, almost 95% of the time we fight, we find ourselves without any actual reason or motive besides just getting caught up. Some may say that breaks almost always lead to break ups which may be true, but I am in it till the end and in that sense were both on the same page. I think that anything would be worth going through to make things better.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Something bigger is wrong and so far you haven'y found it. Usually when you blow things out of proportion its because you're angry or annoyed with something else.