+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have feelings for my best female friend but its complicated...=\

I have feelings for my best female friend but its complicated...=\

I have had a girlfriend for a little over 3 years, and we broke up about a month ago...

Two of the people I consider my best friends, are these two twin sisters named Jaime and Brittany

I have always had a strong emotional connection with Jaime and Brittany, and I would always jokingly flirt with both of them.

Jaime used to always return my flirting attempts while Brittany did not as much.

About 5 months ago, my now ex-girlfriend and I were on a break, and I crossed the friendship boundary on a drunk night with Jaime

After that drunk night, I started to develop feelings for Jaime, however I never pursued it because she is not the type of girl I would want as my girlfriend.

On the other hand, although me and Brittany did not talk much, when we did talk, we could talk about anything to eachotherr, we were eachothers confidants..I even told her when I started to have feelings for her sister

.I've always had these hidden feelings for both Jaime and Brittany. However, whenever I thought about the two of them, I always saw Brittany as someone i'd hypothetically want as my girlfriend, and saw Jaime as a great friend that I have a strong sexual attraction for

I never made a move on Brittany, because she rarely reciprocated my flirting, and also, while I had a girlfriend, she never really used to talk to me so much.

Now Brittany is studying abroad in Spain, but me and her talk almost everyday, sometimes for hours! I love this new found connection I am having with her lately, but I feel that its starting to make my "hidden" feelings for her come out, and I don't know if she feels the same way.

Since my father works for American Airlines, he can get crazy discounts up to 95% on airfare, so I have arranged plans to fly to Spain in April.

Brittany says constantly how excited she is to see me, and how much she misses me and wishes i was there with her now...

So yeah, my dilemma comes in because Brittany and I have never spoken the way we are now before, and I have no idea how to interpret any of this. Lately Brittany is the only girl I can really think about in a romantic way, and shes the person Ive been talking to the most on a day to day basis, and I am enjoying this, but I don't know if shes thinking the same way. Also, I feel that visiting her in Spain will be the perfect time to explore these feelings, but I feel like i need to know if theres any potential with her before I go to Spain and see her...

Any advice??

i think you shoud go to spain and just take things as they come, dont try and force anything, just let whatever is ment to happen...happen, but let it happen on its own pace. if you try and make a move to fast you might scare her away, i suggest just being friendly with her and try and get a feel for what her feelings are towards you, when you do end up seeing her, take a look at her body languauge and the way she acts when she is around you. because she is in a new place away from home might also be why you have found this new conecection with her as she does not know any1 there and is comfortable with you. i think you should take the risk dude other wise you might rgret it and thats a shitty way to live. better to try and fail than to not try at all. i think there might be some type of potential there and itcould pssibly go somwhere as long as you play your cards right. go for it!

I would go to Spain, enjoy your time there. It sounds like a bit of a complicated situation. You're friends with both sisters, so you've got to be careful about both of their feelings. When you express your feelings, don't put pressure on Brittney to do the same. I know that when I start to like a fellow, I often don't realize it until after he tells me he likes me---sometimes I have to think about it for days until it hits me!

And I definitely don't like to be put on the spot, so make sure she has an easy escape from the conversation when you tell her. She will feel more comfortable this way and free to ponder things.