+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am Confused on feelings

I am Confused on feelings

Well my ex and I were together for 4.5 years and she broke it off about a month ago. Well the past two weeks i have been talking to this girl. I went on one date the first week that didnt turn out too good in my opinion. However, we went out again on Mon. night and things went smoothly and i had a good time and she seemed like she did too. But my problem is now I feel guilty for some reason, like I cheated or something. My ex tried to contact me on Sunday night via a text message "u doing ok?"; however I refused to reply to the text. I was doing great before she texted me, however then i felt the wound start to open again. But these past 2 days i feel bad and am thinking about her a lot. Did I do the right thing by not answering the text? Should I continue seeing the other girl?

You're obviously not ready to seriously date again..you have not reached closure from your ex..far from it..you're not saying much about the circumstances of the break up...4.5 years is a long time to be together but maybe you were already strangers to each other long before ending it? So you see it's tough to giv you advice...

But the fact you are dating means you're happy to explore new waters ...nothing wrong with this especially since you are probably young enough to enjoy some freedom.

However you should be honest with your date...don't get too seriou too quick as your TRUE feelings about it all will take some time to surface and when they do it will be at the most unconvenient time...who isto say what will happen...you might rekindle your past relationship, you might never see her again, you might get married to the new girl, you might have a string of one night stans before getting serious again about someone...

So take it easy, don't make promises and don not do anything to please others, you should go towards what or who makes you the happiest for now.
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by sookie6 View Post

So take it easy, don't make promises and don not do anything to please others, you should go towards what or who makes you the happiest for now.
    dont think its right to date so soon right after such a long relationship has ended. what if he feels the happiest rekindling with his ex? should he go back? the best thing to do is try to forget and heal.
    dating girls right away would be just using them for sex and as a rebound to make your self feel better.

give yourself some time to heal, you got your whole life ahead of you